Topics

DC 503A part

Bill Riches

I am looking for a readout board or Led Chip for A Tek DC503A Counter.
Board - 670-6556-00Readout 150-1011-02.
Any help would be appreciated.
73,
Bill, WA2DVUCape May, NJ609 425 8651

Harvey White

I think that someone made a replacement board for one of the counters, not sure which.  Perhaps a search of the archives would help.

Harvey

On 1/27/2020 2:18 PM, Bill Riches via Groups.Io wrote:
I am looking for a readout board or Led Chip for A Tek DC503A Counter.
Board - 670-6556-00Readout 150-1011-02.
Any help would be appreciated.
73,
Bill, WA2DVUCape May, NJ609 425 8651

Ed

You may be thinking of the board I made for the DC508 counter.
It could be modified (new board) to fit the DC503A, but I would need an original board for the pattern as there are no dimensions in the service manual.
If it is just one LED display digit that is out it should not be too hard to remove, the same LED may have been used in other units.
At least it looks like this board has connectors and is not hardwired as some of the older units.

At least the displays used on this unit have the decimal point on the right side rather than on the left, so it may be possible to find a off the shelf replacement.

ed

Ed

Not having a board on hand I can not be sure of the LED dimensions, but the pinout is similar to the HDSP-7503 display from Broadcom.

ed

Ed

Bill:

I took a closer look at the LED display that I had suggested and the actual board from my DC503A. The TEK LED display height off the board is about 0.090 more than the HDSP-7503 display and it is very likely that the digit height, width, and slant would also be a little different. If you can not find a replacement part, I am thinking about doing a board and tacking it on to my next order from China to add to my collection of TEK replacement parts. Should be about a month due to their new year holiday my being away mid Feb.

ed

Stephen

Ed,

First off, a big thanks to Harvey who mentioned your post.
I’m also looking for a replacement board for my DC503 (not A). Or eventually a source for the LED panels as some of mine are missing segments. Replacing the LED’s is probably what would be easier I guess.

Thank you.