Topics

Darlington Transistor Generic Number

Gary Robert Bosworth

Does anyone know the generic part number and manufacturer for the Tektronix part number 151-0405-00? It is an NPN Silicon darlington transistor in a TO-126 package. It is used in the power supply of the Tektronix Model 577 curve tracer. Also, is there a database of cross-referenced Tek part numbers?

Gary

Tim Phillips

from Tim P (UK)
151-0405-00 is a MJE800
My manual for the 5441 'scope says 'selected from'
Tim

On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 at 07:12, Gary Robert Bosworth <@grbosworth>
wrote:

Does anyone know the generic part number and manufacturer for the
Tektronix part number 151-0405-00? It is an NPN Silicon darlington
transistor in a TO-126 package. It is used in the power supply of the
Tektronix Model 577 curve tracer. Also, is there a database of
cross-referenced Tek part numbers?

Gary

Hi Gary,
Yes there is a database of Tek semiconductors.
You need to discover the amazing resource we have called Tekwiki.
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/Main_Page

If you search for Common Design Parts Catalogs you will find a whole bunch of them. In your case you would want the Semiconductor one this time. It lists Tek semiconductors lots of different ways, including by manufacturer's part number, specifications, etc.
Have fun.
Dennis Tillman W7pF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Dale H. Cook

On 2/2/2020 2:11 AM, Gary Robert Bosworth wrote:

Does anyone know the generic part number and manufacturer for the Tektronix part number 151-0405-00?
As Tim Phillips noted, this is a selected part, and an ordinary MJE800 may not perform properly in its place. Sphere Research in West Kelowna, BC has 3 used 151-0405-00 in stock for $5 each (plus shipping and duty). Sphere has long been my go-to for original HP and Tek parts.
--
Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/