Topics

Caring for handles

Jamie Ostrowski

Does anyone have any recommendations for keeping a good set of Tektronix 500 series handles in good shape? I believe they are leather, is that right? Wondering if anyone has already researched this or can recommend a good leather conditioner to keep them softer and pliable so they don't tear.

John Williams

My first recommendation is to never use them as handles. More information tomorrow.

nicmatfr

Envoyé : jeudi 21 novembre 2019 06:48
À : TekScopes@groups.io
Objet : Re: [TekScopes] Caring for handles

My first recommendation is to never use them as handles. More information tomorrow.
Yup, I second to that. I wish I had known before I carried my 531A up two flights of stairs...

Nicolas

Geoffrey Thomas

I have suggested, previously, using the handles from the Fender valve amps if your handle is broken. Forget who it was was going to look into it and if they had any success.

Geoff.

On 21/11/2019 22:12, nicmatfr wrote:
Envoyé : jeudi 21 novembre 2019 06:48
À : TekScopes@groups.io
Objet : Re: [TekScopes] Caring for handles

Yup, I second to that. I wish I had known before I carried my 531A up two flights of stairs...
Nicolas