Topics

Barrie Gilbert's 2007 Biographical Story

I placed a fascinating article about his life in our archives. It is at https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/files/Barrie%20Gilbert%20Biography%20IEEE%20SSCN%20News%20Fall%202007.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mlynch001
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 6:46 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Barrie Gilbert has passed away

Dennis,

I had just recently finished reading Barrie's Biography in the IEEE SSCS NEWS from 2007, a supremely fascinating story. This would be a good starting place for anyone wanting to learn more about Mr. Gilbert. I am not sure that the term "giant" comes close to what this man has meant to mankind as a whole. His contributions will live on, probably for centuries? This is a sad day for us all.

Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF