Topics

any other sub for TEK 2235 CRT (154-0861-00)?

Peter Florance

Well it looks like at least short term, there's not an exact replacement
tube available to replace this bad tube. Any other 100 mhz tube work in this
scope, or is it pretty unique?
Thanks
Peter Florance

Don Black <jeans@...>

Hi Peter,
This site, Sphere Research Corporation
<http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tek-crts.html> has a 154-0832-00 tube listed as a
replacement for a 2235 scope for US $120.

Don Black.

Peter Florance wrote:

Well it looks like at least short term, there's not an exact replacement
tube available to replace this bad tube. Any other 100 mhz tube work in this
scope, or is it pretty unique?
Thanks
Peter Florance

Don Black <jeans@...>

Sorry, Peter, that tube is listed for a 2335, don't know if it will fit your
scope. It would still be worth contacting the company to see if they have the
right one.
Don (face
red) Black.

Peter Florance wrote:

Well it looks like at least short term, there's not an exact replacement
tube available to replace this bad tube. Any other 100 mhz tube work in this
scope, or is it pretty unique?
Thanks
Peter Florance

Peter Florance

Thanks. I checked with Sphere who said these were pretty hot items and didn't have exact item.
I'll ask them for a cross.

Peter Florance wrote:

Well it looks like at least short term, there's not an exact replacement
tube available to replace this bad tube. Any other 100 mhz tube work in this
scope, or is it pretty unique?
Thanks
Peter Florance

Stan or Patricia Griffiths <w7ni@...>

Hi Peter,

I am not aware of any other part number that works in the 2235. One piece of
information you can obtain from our CRT cross reference on our web site is the
fact that the 154-0861-00 is also used in the following scopes:

2213A, 2215A, 2220, 2230, 2235, 2235L, and 2236

This can be useful information in case you happen to find a scrapped instrument
of one of the above types and can scrounge the CRT from it.

The CRT cross reference database can be found the at the following URL:

http://www.reprise.com/host/tektronix/reference/crt.asp

Stan
w7ni@...

Peter Florance wrote:

Well it looks like at least short term, there's not an exact replacement
tube available to replace this bad tube. Any other 100 mhz tube work in this
scope, or is it pretty unique?
Thanks
Peter Florance

Peter Florance

Thanks again for the help.
Walter at Sphere came up with a tube out of a 2215A.

I have the 2235 manual. Nothing to wild about replacing the CRT, I hope?

Peter Florance wrote:

Well it looks like at least short term, there's not an exact replacement
tube available to replace this bad tube. Any other 100 mhz tube
work in this
scope, or is it pretty unique?
Thanks
Peter Florance