Topics

And you think our collecting hobby is crazy and takes up a lot of space

John Williams

Vintage Test

Hi John,

Thanks for this - it does make us all seem a bit more ‘normal’ doesn’t it? I just wonder how Michel funds buying jets!

Cheers,
Mel

--
you can never have enough oscilloscopes, DMMs, valve testers or soldering irons . . .

n4buq

According to the article, one of them was given to him. If that's his house in the background, though, that may account for a few things.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

Hi John,

Thanks for this - it does make us all seem a bit more ‘normal’ doesn’t it? I
just wonder how Michel funds buying jets!

Cheers,
Mel

--
you can never have enough oscilloscopes, DMMs, valve testers or soldering
irons . . .

Peter Gottlieb

If you have the right connections they are free or the cost of the aluminum scrap. Same as every other similar collector hobby.

Peter

On Nov 19, 2019, at 8:54 AM, Vintage Test via Groups.Io <mel.purcell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for this - it does make us all seem a bit more ‘normal’ doesn’t it? I just wonder how Michel funds buying jets!

Cheers,
Mel

--
you can never have enough oscilloscopes, DMMs, valve testers or soldering irons . . .

John Williams

Tam I don’t think I know what the hell you are talking about, but I loved it anyway. Looks like I need to move to France where I may be able to get more room for more scopes. Keep the news coming, it is worth the price for sure. John

tinkera123

Arh ... err .... been there!! ... the aircraft collection is extensive .... but only part of the collection.
About half of the Chateau .... several floors of purpose built display fixtures etc ... old motorbikes, pushbikes, cars, racing cars, aircraft engines .... real ones and models ... lined up in date order etc etc etc..
Mind boggling as to the $'s and time and effort ....

--
Cheers,
Ian,

Paul Amaranth

Must have minions; I can't even keep my bench organized.

Paul

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 04:18:10PM -0800, tinkera123 wrote:
Arh ... err .... been there!! ... the aircraft collection is extensive .... but only part of the collection.
About half of the Chateau .... several floors of purpose built display fixtures etc ... old motorbikes, pushbikes, cars, racing cars, aircraft engines .... real ones and models ... lined up in date order etc etc etc..
Mind boggling as to the $'s and time and effort ....

--
Cheers,
Ian,
Melbourne, Australia

!DSPAM:5dd4865e12793379711797!
paul@... | Unix & Windows

John Williams

Jeez can you imagine!,,...

Dave Seiter

Last year I looked up house prices in (rural) France and was shocked to see how cheap they could be.  Think small castles for almost nothing.  I suspect taxes and upkeep are probably the reason why.
-Dave

On Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 08:40:46 AM PST, Tam Hanna <tamhan@...> wrote:

John,

you really do not know, which is why you find it funny.

I already have high blood pressure. I will NOT start to tell you the
adventures Tits and I had trying to evict a single mother from an
appartment in Strasbourg. Or the unlimited fun of trying to start a
business in one of her premises. Or....

Tam

--
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 15k7 other followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

Michael A. Terrell

Can't they spray for Minions? They are nasty little bastards!

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 7:27 PM Paul Amaranth <paul@...> wrote:

Must have minions; I can't even keep my bench organized.

Paul

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 04:18:10PM -0800, tinkera123 wrote:
Arh ... err .... been there!! ... the aircraft collection is extensive
.... but only part of the collection.
About half of the Chateau .... several floors of purpose built display
fixtures etc ... old motorbikes, pushbikes, cars, racing cars, aircraft
engines .... real ones and models ... lined up in date order etc etc etc..
Mind boggling as to the $'s and time and effort ....

--
Cheers,
Ian,
Melbourne, Australia

!DSPAM:5dd4865e12793379711797!
paul@... | Unix & Windows

Paul Amaranth

My coffee mug says
"So much to do, so few minions to do it for me"

I could do with a few.

Paul

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:24:07AM -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Can't they spray for Minions? They are nasty little bastards!

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 7:27 PM Paul Amaranth <paul@...> wrote:

Must have minions; I can't even keep my bench organized.

Paul

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 04:18:10PM -0800, tinkera123 wrote:
Arh ... err .... been there!! ... the aircraft collection is extensive
.... but only part of the collection.
About half of the Chateau .... several floors of purpose built display
fixtures etc ... old motorbikes, pushbikes, cars, racing cars, aircraft
engines .... real ones and models ... lined up in date order etc etc etc..
Mind boggling as to the $'s and time and effort ....

--
Cheers,
Ian,
Melbourne, Australia

paul@... | Unix & Windows

!DSPAM:5dd6ac3454711791810913!
paul@... | Unix & Windows

Peter Gottlieb

Most minions are too high maintenance. Then you need minions for your minions and it all snowballs.

Peter

On Nov 21, 2019, at 10:39 AM, Paul Amaranth <paul@...> wrote:

[...]

Looks like the folks in Memphis, TN, are way ahead on this.

http://www.gosmith.com/pro/3902970

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ