also looking for CMD80 docs....

I couldn't help it, it looked so sad there on ebay, nobody wanted it, and it seemed to be at least semi-functional. my hope is that I can get it work on 1420/1421MHz to do some radio astronomy receiver development, so any docs available would be hugely appreciated by me, nothing at R&S, nothing at Tek, yet I am sure these (or at least the op manual) have existed as PDFs at some point, probably when Tek was selling them for R&S.

all the best,
walter
sphere research corp.
http://www.sphere.bc.ca

nj902

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, "wshawlee2" <walter2@...> wrote:

"... I couldn't help it, it looked so sad there on ebay, nobody wanted it, ..."

I understand completely. I have been tempted to buy one many times as the price has come down..down..down. Plus, we all know that R&S makes top-notch RF instruments.

It just looks to me like hacking it would be too big a hill for me to climb. Maybe one of you software wizards can get inside the machines's code and tweak it so as to open up direct entry of frequencies. If you win that battle - please share with the rest of us!

Alternatively, if you what you really want is an affordable instrument that works at 1.4 GHz, look no further than the Anritsu MT8801B and its cousins.

Unlike some of the available test sets like the HP89XX instruments that cover from 1-1000 and then jump to 1.7 to cover the PCS freqs, the 8801 has uninterrupted coverage to 3 GHz - just be sure to get the analog option and the spectrum analyzer option. The spectrum analyzer is actually quite excellent.

As far as finding the CMD80 manual, Mr. Google is our friend:

http://www.artisan-scientific.com/info/Rohde_CMD80_Manual.pdf

RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@...>

I took a look at the R&S stuff 'over there" ...

I might be able to afford the Coffee Cup !!

73, Dick, W1KSZ

To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
From: wb0emu@arrl.net
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:57:47 +0000
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: also looking for CMD80 docs....

[...]

SAL CORNACCHIA <salccor@...>

I have tried every ware for the past month or so without any luck,if You come across anything let me know, I will do the same.

________________________________
I couldn't help it, it looked so sad there on ebay, nobody wanted it, and it seemed to be at least semi-functional. my hope is that I can get it work on 1420/1421MHz to do some radio astronomy receiver development, so any docs available would be hugely appreciated by me, nothing at R&S, nothing at Tek, yet I am sure these (or at least the op manual) have existed as PDFs at some point, probably when Tek was selling them for R&S.

all the best,
walter
sphere research corp.
http://www.sphere. bc.ca

n4mf_sc

Thanks for the link. I now have the CMD-80 OPS manual (636 pages) in my manuals collection.

Mitch
N4MF

To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
From: wb0emu@...
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:57:47 +0000

[...]

ArtekMedia <manuals@...>

Can so someone elaborate on the Tektronix "link" in this opera?

As a few of you already know Artekmedia has been reluctant to invest in scanning the service manuals because R&S won't return my email on the subject. IF however Tektronix owns the intellectual property on this then it is a forgone issue since Tektronix has already given the releases to copy "their" manuals.

Dave
Artekmedia

Dave & Lynn Henderson
ArtekMedia