From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of fiftythreebuick
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2020 4:42 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] A Question About Groups.io problems

Hi Dennis-

It's Tom Brown, AE5I here.....

I am having a problem with the groups.io system and before I head down the rabbit hole with them, looking for a solution, I hope you don't mind me asking you about it.

All of a sudden, for no obvious reason, I stopped getting all of the digests that should come to my AE5I account. I have another account that gets NanoVNA digests and it's working fine. I went in and "poked at " this account by changing something minor, and no luck.

Would you have any ideas?

Thanks so much for any guesses you might have....

Take care and have a great evening! (And thank you more than I can say for all you do!)

Tom
AE5I

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

fiftythreebuick

Hi Dennis-

Thanks so much for your help! After going over the email that you sent as well as the bounce notifications that I found that came from groups.io, it appears that either (1) there's all of a sudden something that groups.io doesn't like about my email provider or else (2) there is something that my email provider doesn't like about groups.io. When I merged all of those groups over to this gmail address account, it all started working again. The local email provider has great tech support and I'll contact them and see if they can tell exactly what's happening.

Hope it's alright to post this instead of email. Thought it might be useful to someone else with a similar problem.

Thank you again, Dennis. Looks like I'm finally re-connected! Take care and have a great week!

Tom

SCMenasian

On a couple of occasions, I got an administrative email from groups.io stating that messages had bounced and that, therefore, groups.io had disabled messages to me. The email had a link to click on to restore and everything got fixed after I clicked on it. The bounced and blocked messages, however, never came. Perhaps Tom got an administrative message which went into his spam folder or which he didn't notice.

Stephen

Dave Seiter

I've received those messages too.  Always because I've accidentally flagged email as spam.  In the Yahoo email window, "delete" and "spam" are next to each other.  After you read a message and hit delete, the view returns to the email list and the "spam" label moves under the cursor where "delete" just was, so sometimes, when my flaky trackpad is acting up, I hit "spam".  I've caught myself doing it once, but it's happened about 15 times.
-Dave

On Monday, December 14, 2020, 04:15:30 AM PST, SCMenasian <scm@menasians.com> wrote:

On a couple of occasions, I got an administrative email from groups.io stating that messages had bounced  and that, therefore, groups.io had disabled messages to me. The email had a link to click on to restore and everything got fixed after I clicked on it. The bounced and blocked messages, however, never came. Perhaps  Tom got an administrative message which went into his spam folder or which he didn't notice.

Stephen

Neil Gruending

Groups.io has flagged my account for bouncing messages repeatedly even though I confirmed with my DNS and email providers that their systems were functioning normally. Eventually the bounce messages stop and it works for a few more months. In my case groups.io wasn't using MX records properly but there's no one at groups.io to ask about it.

Neil