485 after the recap.

Brendan

No smoke powers on. Now for the bad part. The display intensity increases until it protects its self. When adjusting the intensity pots I can never get the trace to disappear. All voltages check fine or at least very close. Something to do with beam limit current circuit maybe?

Brendan

After bending pin U3 it stays powered on and I have a slight reaction when turning the intensity. While U3 is pulled all voltages check in range. Working the issues.

Brendan

Checking tp1665 it appears to be a fine wave form. But it is double the voltage. Taken with intensity turned to its lowest. https://ibb.co/kW99Db tek shows 1 volt peak to peak with the measurement taken at .5 V/div . While the image is 2 volts peak to peak (453 at 1 V/div).

Brendan

Changed several clamping diodes now I have control of the intensity again. Still no trace :(

Roger Evans

Have you tried adjusting the Grid Bias R1660? There is a proper Z axis calibration you might do once everything else is sorted but for now you can do it by eye.

Roger

Brendan

Yes I have tweaked the grid bias. I think im also having an issue with the focus circuit. Later today i will see if I can start making some progress there.