[OT} Peak DCA55 & Germanium

Brian

Hi Tim , I had that with a Chinese component analyzer with some 2N1516 and it was Tin wiskers . Once removed with a 15v psu it tested ok .
Brian (UK)

On Wednesday, 1 December 2021, 13:25:13 GMT, Tim Phillips <timexucl@...> wrote:

My Peak DCA55 often misidentifies some Germanium transistors as BiColor
LEDs.
In particular those such as 2N2209 with TO7 bases. (e-b-Case-c; the Case
lead has been clipped). Is this possibly Tin-Whisker or something about the
DCA55? My Chinese component analyser just says 'unknown component'  (I'm
going through my collection of 1S1s and 3T77s)
Tim
--
"Success is a collection of well-curated failures"

Tim Phillips