[HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment] Removing the Adhesive From Hell

Jeff Kruth

I use a variety of methods and solvents. A very good one for masking tape is to tear up a paper towel and fold (2 layers) into a size a little larger than the tape. Saturate it with WD-40 and go away. Next day, the tape is usually soft enough to come away in one piece. A similar method for removing Sharpie writing uses bleach on the paper towel to lift the ink from the paint. Used it many times, but YMMV.
Jeff Kruth

In a message dated 11/15/2021 10:31:09 AM Eastern Standard Time, brad.thompsonaa1ip@gmail.com writes:
Hello-- I'm restoring an older piece of equipment that was festooned with tan-coloredmasking tape. I'm able to scrape away most of the crumbling tape-- but not its adhesive.Applying Goo-Gone works but not well (softens the glue) snd it doesn't removedo a good job of removing adhesive from one's fingers. Recommendations are welcome. Thanks, and 73-- Brad  AA1IP

Ken, WA2LBI

I also use WD-40 to remove adhesive and other markings. Maybe I have been
lucky but I haven't run across anything that has been damaged by WD-40. I
do, however, test an inconspicuous spot on anything I have
never cleaned previously.

Ken
WA2LBI