Topics

TEKTRONIX 4XX SERIES SCOPES FOR SALE IN TUSTIN, ORANGE COUNTY, CA

Reed Dickinson

Greetings fellow Tekies:

I have debated listing these scopes for some months and
I have now decided it is time to act. I am 83, retired, and I realize
that I no longer have the time, energy nor motivation to
refurbish all these 200 or so scopes so, I am offering them for sale at
less than I paid for them. These scopes are being offered at a low price
so you can have the fun of refurbishing it like I have been doing.
These magnificent older scopes were state-of-the-art when they were
built. Their heyday has passed but they are still fantastic pieces of
equipment and well worthy of being refurbished.

This large number of Tektronix 465, 465B, 468, 475 and 475A scopes
mostly came from the now defunct Hughes Aircraft facility in Culver
City, California.

Some of these scopes have the very useful DM44 option. The price is $25
more with with the DM package.

I also have many TM506 power supplies which can house up to 6 of the
very popular Tek test equipment modules as well as some other assorted
Tek items. I am selling the TM506's for $40 each. Testing of the TM506's
at my home is not available.

I am also offering the top mounted equipment
pouch for $35 and front travel covers for $35.

Call me for information and prices on items of interest. Please note:
BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL PACKING AND SHIPPING CHARGES.

Manuals, probes, top mounted pouches and front mounted travel covers are
not included with the oscilloscopes, they are available for separate purchase.
No removal of parts from other scopes is permitted. I am not offering any
returns on level 1 and 2 sales as I am trying to clear these great instruments out
of my garage.  All sales are final, cash-n-carry.  These oscilloscopes are an
excellent source of spare parts to support your existing scopes. Imagine getting
a good CRT and other goodies for a Tektronix 4XX scope for $100.

I am selling these 4XX series oscilloscopes in three sales levels.
They are:

Level 1) You come out to my home at 1705 Stonehenge Drive, Tustin, CA,
92780, select the oscilloscope of your dreams, test it and if you are
satisfied with it then it is yours for $100. I will not remove parts
from other oscilloscopes to put on one you select.  $125 if the scope
has the DM option.

Level 2) I have repaired these oscilloscopes, replaced any broken knobs
and tested all functions. They may have gummy labels on the case, in need
of paint, a good cleaning and almost assuredly in need of calibration
but they are all functional. As this level I am selling them for $200.
$225 if the scope has the DM option.

FOR SCOPES SOLD IN LEVELS 1 and 2 ARE NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED - ALL SALES FINAL - CASH N CARRY

Level 3) I will have repaired the oscilloscopes in his level, replaced
all damaged knobs, controls and mechanical parts, painted the case,
calibrate it with NTIS traceable test equipment and age it for 100 hours
with the power on after calibration.
While still hot from the aging process I recheck the calibration, again
to NTIS standards. The aging is used to assure that the scope
is stable and functional after being on for a week. I am selling the
scopes in this level for $350, $375 if the scope has the DM option.

SCOPES SOLD IN LEVEL 3 WILL CARRY A 90 DAY WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
AND MAY BE RETURNED IF DEFECTIVE PROVIDING THE CALIBRATION STICKER IS INTACT

I also have about 12 of the Tektronix 485 scopes for sale.  Each of these 485's
have been cleaned, 41 tantalum high failure rate capacitors replaced with
modern electrolytic 20% tolerance units, repaired if necessary, cases painted
the correct Tektronix blue color, calibrated, aged for 100 hours (5 days) and
that calibration rechecked after aging.  Each 485 comes with two probes, a
Xerox copy of the operations manual and a complete scan of the Tektronix 485
service manual in 17 files on a 1.7GB DVD disk.  I am selling these fine
refurbished 485's for $400 with the described accessories.

Pick up in Tustin, California is encouraged and at no additional charge.
Call me at 714.838.1011 or 714.838.6241 for more information.

FOR ALL SALES THE BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR
ALL PACKING AND SHIPPING CHARGES.