172 programmable test fixture plastic latch modelling effort for 3D print replacement (105-0286-00)

Gregor Lasser

Dear group,

I have two 172 programmable test fixtures for the 576 curve tracer, and both
suffer to common problem of having a broken plastic latch to keep the
programming card door shut. Since the programming card pins require some
force to make contact this part is essential for the 172 functionality.

The latch has Tek part number 105-0286-00 and I believe its only used on the
172.

I started to create a 3D model based on pictures I could find online, and
the drawing in the manual (part 7 in the explosion drawing). My current
effort is documented here, where you can also find a pdf file containing a
drawing of my current model with missing dimensions:

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/105-0286-00

My goal is to create an accurate model that can be 3D printed, and of course
I am planning to provide these files to the community on tekwiki. However,
since I do not own a 172 with a complete latch, I am in dire need for
someone to

1.) confirm that I am not missing any structural features, and my model is
correct besides dimensions.
2.) Provide the missing dimensions as labeled with A-J in the pdf file.

So if you have a 172 with an intact latch or a broken latch with all pieces
I would be grateful if you could help me out with this project.

Greetings,
Gregor

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 03:33 AM, Gregor Lasser wrote:

So if you have a 172 with an intact latch or a broken latch with all pieces
I would be grateful if you could help me out with this project.
Greg,

I happened to have a NOS latch in my box of small hardware.
Measurements and a few pics could be found here for some time:
www.hakanh.com/dl/temp/172_latch.pdf

/Håkan

Gregor Lasser

Thank you so much Hakan, this is excellent, I will get back to you if I have more questions.

Greetings,
Gregor

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 03:33 AM, Gregor Lasser wrote:

So if you have a 172 with an intact latch or a broken latch with all
pieces I would be grateful if you could help me out with this project.
Greg,

I happened to have a NOS latch in my box of small hardware.
Measurements and a few pics could be found here for some time:
www.hakanh.com/dl/temp/172_latch.pdf

/Håkan

Gregor Lasser

As an update for those interested, I was able to create an accurate 3D model thanks to Hakan's measurements (thanks again!) that now can be found at

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/105-0286-00

For those of you that have in the past created 3D models to replicated Tektronix parts I would encourage you to add them to the new 3D printing site on Tekwiki:

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/3D_Printing_Models

Greetings,
Gregor

Thank you so much Hakan, this is excellent, I will get back to you if I have more questions.

Greetings,
Gregor

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 03:33 AM, Gregor Lasser wrote:

So if you have a 172 with an intact latch or a broken latch with all
pieces I would be grateful if you could help me out with this project.
Greg,

I happened to have a NOS latch in my box of small hardware.
Measurements and a few pics could be found here for some time:
www.hakanh.com/dl/temp/172_latch.pdf

/Håkan

Siggi

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 10:26 PM Gregor Lasser <gregor.lasser@gmail.com>
wrote:

For those of you that have in the past created 3D models to replicated
Tektronix parts I would encourage you to add them to the new 3D printing
site on Tekwiki:

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/3D_Printing_Models

What a great idea! I added my model for 351-0449-00, the FG504 et al PCB
bracket.