7704A - How to Remove Vertical Amp Board

n4buq

It appears U13 on the vertical amplifier board (A44) of a 7704A is bolted to the frame and the nut that holds it is fairly difficult to reach. Is there a specific technique for removing that board? I've looked in the manuals and, so far, I haven't found a description of that process so I thought I'd see if anyone know the correct way to do that.

Someone installed a "flying lead" mod on that board and I think I'd like to remove it so I'd like to know how to remove the board to do that.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

Albert Otten

Is there a specific technique for removing that board?
Hi Barry, I'd say that the nut is reachable from the underside if you take of the D-unit. Albert.

n4buq

Hi Albert,

You're correct. I didn't realize how simple it is to separate the two halves and that does indeed expose that nut!

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ