De : TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> de la part de nicmatfr <nic_o_mat@msn.com>
Envoyé : vendredi 13 août 2021 11:32
À : TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io>
Objet : [TekScopes] 500-series plugin connector (for DIY plugin or extender)

Hello all
Would anyone be interested in connectors for the 500-series plugins ? I have found a connector reference and a distributor in the UK but I strongly suspect they wouldn't sell me 2 pieces only, and the price will certainly depend on the quantity.

Nicolas

David Kuhn

I can see that useful for making an extender cable. I wonder if there ever
were any official extender cables for the 500 series?

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 8:24 AM nicmatfr <nic_o_mat@msn.com> wrote:

I forgot to mention that I'm in France. Shipping outside Europe may be
expensive.

Nicolas
________________________________
Would anyone be interested in connectors for the 500-series plugins ? I
have found a connector reference and a distributor in the UK but I strongly
suspect they wouldn't sell me 2 pieces only, and the price will certainly
depend on the quantity.

Nicolas

Albert Otten

II wonder if there ever were any official extender cables for the 500 series?
Sure David, at least the already mentioned 013-019, and its successor 013-0055-00.
More info in the 1968 Calibration Fixtures Catalog (Tekwiki under Catalogs).
Note that some 500 series scopes (e.g. 564) needed another type of extender.
Albert

Tim Phillips

I have an 012-038 cable. 32 inches long, with metal shrouds on the
connectors.
I'm guessing it's quite old, by the part number and the crackle finish on
the shrouds.
Tim

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 at 18:10, Albert Otten <aodiversen@concepts.nl> wrote:

II wonder if there ever were any official extender cables for the 500
series?
Sure David, at least the already mentioned 013-019, and its successor
013-0055-00.
More info in the 1968 Calibration Fixtures Catalog (Tekwiki under
Catalogs).
Note that some 500 series scopes (e.g. 564) needed another type of
extender.
Albert

David Kuhn

" successor 013-0055-00"

I found one, new in the original bag/instructions, never opened on EBAY for
$50. I jumped on that and got it ordered right away; thank you!

Dave

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 1:10 PM Albert Otten <aodiversen@concepts.nl> wrote:

II wonder if there ever were any official extender cables for the 500
series?
Sure David, at least the already mentioned 013-019, and its successor
013-0055-00.
More info in the 1968 Calibration Fixtures Catalog (Tekwiki under
Catalogs).
Note that some 500 series scopes (e.g. 564) needed another type of
extender.
Albert

Roy Morgan <k1lky68@...>

Roy Morgan
K1LKY Western Mass

On Aug 13, 2021, at 11:50 AM, David Kuhn <Daveyk021@gmail.com> wrote:

I can see that useful for making an extender cable. I wonder if there ever
were any official extender cables for the 500 series?
There were extenders, rectangular cross section ridgid aluminum with the connectors on the ends, some 8 or 9 inches long. The part number(s) have been mentioned on the list a while ago.

I have a flexible cable but it looks very home- or shop-made.

Roy

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 8:24 AM nicmatfr <nic_o_mat@msn.com>

Hello all
Would anyone be interested in connectors for the 500-series plugins ? ...

Dave Wise

The outer jacket of my cable was extremely stiff. I ended up slitting it off and substituting polyethylene spiral wrap. Now twisting it doesn’t flex the solder joints at the connectors.

Dave Wise

I have an 012-038 cable. 32 inches long, with metal shrouds on the
connectors.
I'm guessing it's quite old, by the part number and the crackle finish on
the shrouds.
Tim

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 at 18:10, Albert Otten <aodiversen@concepts.nl> wrote:

II wonder if there ever were any official extender cables for the 500
series?
Sure David, at least the already mentioned 013-019, and its successor
013-0055-00.
More info in the 1968 Calibration Fixtures Catalog (Tekwiki under
Catalogs).
Note that some 500 series scopes (e.g. 564) needed another type of
extender.
Albert

Jared Cabot

I use part number 305-056-520-201 from Digikey/Mouser etc for the card edge connector inside the TM500 mainframes.

Dave Seiter

I have one of the rectangular section extenders, but it doesn't get too much use.  I made a long flexible years ago that gets most of the use.  Not good for high speeds, but it doesn't really have to be.
-Dave

On Friday, August 13, 2021, 12:19:17 PM PDT, Roy Morgan <k1lky68@gmail.com> wrote:

Roy Morgan
K1LKY Western Mass

On Aug 13, 2021, at 11:50 AM, David Kuhn <Daveyk021@gmail.com> wrote:

I can see that useful for making an extender cable.  I wonder if there ever
were any official extender cables for the 500 series?
There were extenders, rectangular cross section ridgid aluminum with the connectors on the ends, some 8 or 9 inches long.  The part number(s) have been mentioned on the list a while ago.

I have a flexible cable but it looks very home- or shop-made.

Roy

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 8:24 AM nicmatfr <nic_o_mat@msn.com>

Hello all
Would anyone be interested in connectors for the 500-series plugins ? ...

emissionlabs

I found this connector in Ebay. https://www.ebay.de/itm/143991611326. Very good quality. Pictured tin plated, but when it arrived it was gold plated. It was only 3.37 Euro incl. shipment from China, and it arrived within 2 weeks. I want to make an extender with flexible cable, using only the power supply wires.

These look also interesting.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/164437683076?

John Griessen

On 8/14/21 12:35 AM, emissionlabs wrote:
I found this connector in Ebay.https://www.ebay.de/itm/143991611326. Very good quality. Pictured tin plated, but when it arrived it was gold plated. It was only 3.37 Euro incl. shipment from China, and it arrived within 2 weeks. I want to make an extender with flexible cable, using only the power supply wires.
What number of pins is needed for a 544 with 1A1?

Dave Wise

Sorry, that’s a completely different connector. Emissionlabs has mistaken the “500-series” subject line to mean “TM500 series”. The former is oscilloscopes, the latter is a modular test instrument system.

Dave Wise