2465 Focus/Astig Issue

Eric

The wings tend to be an astigmatism issue as well. Perfect "dot" is a
focuse and astigmatism adjustment to get them both in balance.

Eric

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021, 2:03 PM Harvey White <madyn@dragonworks.info> wrote:

Have you checked the ripple on the supplies?

if you can put a ramp into the vertical channel, you can get an idea of
the waveform by faking a sweep. If you can't do that, try running the
vertical position control up and down to get the same thing.

You've checked the astigmatism as well, of course.

Harvey

On 8/2/2021 1:24 PM, DaveH52 wrote:
I'm in the midst of going through the CRT adjustment procedures, and I
cannot obtain a round dot on the screen without having the focus control in
the 10 o'clock position. Tek usually has it so that controls are centered
for best results. And there's another issue. The dot isn't just a dot, it
looks more like it has wings like this -o-. I've repeated the entire
procedure from the very beginning several times, but I can't get rid of the
wings. Has anyone ever seen this?

Harvey White

Have you checked the ripple on the supplies?

if you can put a ramp into the vertical channel, you can get an idea of the waveform by faking a sweep.  If you can't do that, try running the vertical position control up and down to get the same thing.

You've checked the astigmatism as well, of course.

Harvey

On 8/2/2021 1:24 PM, DaveH52 wrote:
I'm in the midst of going through the CRT adjustment procedures, and I cannot obtain a round dot on the screen without having the focus control in the 10 o'clock position. Tek usually has it so that controls are centered for best results. And there's another issue. The dot isn't just a dot, it looks more like it has wings like this -o-. I've repeated the entire procedure from the very beginning several times, but I can't get rid of the wings. Has anyone ever seen this?

DaveH52