Semi-OT: protoboards as seen in (aftermarket) 7K plugin 'Automatic 9-16 Point Rasterizer'

Clark Foley

If you are interested in the 7000 series board, it appears to have been cut down to size. Take a close look at the edge of the board. Its inboard edge is not quite parallel to the hole pattern. The rasterizing gadget was likely made from the 7000 series kit that I listed earlier.

Ke-Fong Lin

Viking seems to be part of Eaton, and it's not clear from their website
whether they still make card edge connectors. You could probably substitute
any manufacturers card edge connector for the Viking part. Maybe you could
have the guide arms 3D printed.
You may want to try EDAC (edac.net). Mouser (and Digikey probably) carries a large selection of their card edge connectors.
Maybe not necessarily an exact number of contacts, but still a large choice of number of positions and pitches, with eyelets or PCB pins for soldering.
For example, 76 pins adequate for 7000 series plugin (EDAC 345-076-520-201) is available (PCB pins, not eyelet).
Prices are of course quite a bit higher than what you would found on aliexpress.

Christian,

for the vertically mounted green protoboards you could easily have some made up from a fast PCB service. The card edge sockets are a standard part (30 contacts, 15 positions) from Viking, but I'm not sure about the blue guide arms.

Here is a datasheet for the card edge connectors: https://cms.nacsemi.com/content/AuthDatasheets/COOIS06714-1.pdf

Viking seems to be part of Eaton, and it's not clear from their website whether they still make card edge connectors. You could probably substitute any manufacturers card edge connector for the Viking part. Maybe you could have the guide arms 3D printed.

-- Jeff Dutky

Clark Foley

The short 7000 series interface card was available in the Tek stock room for prototyping. To my memory, the closest thing that was available for sale was a 7000 series prototyping kit 040-0553-01. There were TM500 and 5000-series blank prototyping kits as well.

Kurt's tekwiki site has a clip from a Tek catalog page for your reference.

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/040-0553-00

Christian

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/Automatic_9-16_Point_Rasterizer

I like the look of those protoboards/connectors/card guides. Does anyone recognize make & model? Double bonus points for a source.