7S12 problem update

Chris van Lint

Hi Steph,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think you may have missed my point.  I did replace that pot with a standard 10K pot, just to see whether that would fix the issue. Unfortunately it did *_not_* do so.  There is no point in hunting for an exact replacement, if it does not fix the problem.

Chris

On 24/06/2021 17:47, Steph L wrote:
Curiosity had me download manual and search R151. I take it it's a dual 10K carbon pot with separate inside/outside shafts.

Just a suggestion. Maybe Spheres p/n 311-1192-00 (10K + switch) might be adaptable to transform the back end switch assembly to a second 10K pot, driven by the switch shaft?
https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tek-parts/tekpots.html

All the listed 10K+ 10K pots are sold.

Steph L

Curiosity had me download manual and search R151. I take it it's a dual 10K carbon pot with separate inside/outside shafts.

Just a suggestion. Maybe Spheres p/n 311-1192-00 (10K + switch) might be adaptable to transform the back end switch assembly to a second 10K pot, driven by the switch shaft?

https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tek-parts/tekpots.html

All the listed 10K+ 10K pots are sold.

Chris van Lint

Thanks to those who responded pointing out the fragility of R151B.  Mine was indeed faulty, so much so that I could not just glue it back together.  When I pushed it the whole thing disintegrated.  To prove a point, I just soldered another 10K pot in place of the faulty one.  Regrettably that did not fix my problem.  Since the coarse DC offset pot is OK  which I have confirmed that by testing the voltage at the centre of the coarse pot R151A going to the base of Q163 and observing that it ranges from -12V to +12V., I am hoping that somebody can come up with another suggestion(s).  I would really appreciate some input, as this is well outside my level of expertise and it would appear that other than the DC offset the unit appears to be functioning OK.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Chris