Type 284

Chris van Lint

Gidday,

As I mentioned, I am downsizing.  I have a 284 in perfect working condition and before ditching the non working one I thought to check if someone wants to have a go at fixing it. I think I have got a prospect in Melbourne.

Cheers,

Chris

On 16/06/2021 06:09, Stephen Bell wrote:
Why not try fixing it? The 284 is a very useful piece of gear for calibrating or adjusting high performance scopes.

I repaired mine a couple of days ago and it wasn't too difficult - just cleaning up a few switch connections and the internal connections in the air line.

If you do part it out definitely save the air line with the tunnel diode assembly and termination resistor assembly. Both items are unobtainium and I am sure another forum member could use these to repair their own 284s.

Stephen Bell

Why not try fixing it? The 284 is a very useful piece of gear for calibrating or adjusting high performance scopes.

I repaired mine a couple of days ago and it wasn't too difficult - just cleaning up a few switch connections and the internal connections in the air line.

If you do part it out definitely save the air line with the tunnel diode assembly and termination resistor assembly. Both items are unobtainium and I am sure another forum member could use these to repair their own 284s.

Chris van Lint

I have a Type 284 Pulse generator, which is complete.  It has only one minor problem: it don't work.  I have to downsize, so it has been assigned a spot on the local rubbish tip. My guess is that the cost of shipping this item outside Australia would make it uninteresting,  Perhaps some hardware items in it are worth keeping.  Please contact me off-line if you are interested.

Chris VK4CVL