TDS3054B Power Supply Repair and Rear Case

Hi All,
I am new to the group and this is my first post.

I recently purchased a pretty badly beaten up and stripped TDS3054B off of epay, but the price was right. No sign of a rear shell, handle, fan or IEC receptacle.

Checking it out further, the power supply (Artesyn NAN40-7615-01) was bad and the unit fired up ok after substituting a bench supply, so it seemed worthwhile to spend a few more bucks on it.

So I thought I'd try to fix the supply, and spent a fair bit of time working on it. Many parts were fried, including the MOSFET, various resistors, a zener and the main output rectifier diode. I've been unable to fully confirm some of the burned resistor values -- R23 (27k?), R33 (110ohms?), R34 (3 ohms?) or the zener CR8. If anyone can tell me what these are, that would be very helpful.

I was able to get it to put out a reasonably regulated 15VDC output with no external load, but the switching dies off when I try to draw anything more than 200ma - and it should be capable of at least 2.5A.

I think I've checked all the parts at this point, but most likely the issue is incorrect part values.

I've since replaced the supply (LPS-44) and cleaned the unit up. added a number of other missing things such as the fan and fan wiring harness and the IEC receptacle/EMI filter and wiring harness.

The scope seems to work great and calibrated up without any issue.

However, I'm still missing various mechanical parts, particularly the back shell and bottom feet, the rear option cover, and handle/hubs.

Tek doesn't have any rear covers, and so I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could get one and the bottom feet? Don't think I really need the handle,

Thanks for any help,
Bob

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 09:26 AM, Bob S. wrote:

I've been unable to fully confirm some of the burned resistor values -- R23
(27k?), R33 (110ohms?), R34 (3 ohms?) or the zener CR8. If anyone can tell me
what these are, that would be very helpful.
R23 and R33 are correct.
R34 is 54.9 ohms
CR8 is a 9.1V Zener

/Håkan

R23 and R33 are correct.
R34 is 54.9 ohms
CR8 is a 9.1V Zener

Many thanks Håkan. I’ll give it a go with those values,
Bob

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 12:26 AM, Bob S. wrote:

Hi All,
I'm still looking for some mechanical parts for a TDS-3054B, it would be very much appreciated if anyone has something lying around or is able to point me where I could find a back cover p/n 050-3514-XX and/or feet p/n 348-1582-00. I don't suppose anyone has 3D printed a TDS3000B rear cover at all? Again, probably don't need the handle/hubs, and while it would be nice, I certainly don't need it to be perfect Tek Blue!
Bob