2465B on a 200C scope cart?

Jeff Keyzer

I have a 200C scope cart that I use with my 465B. I'd like to put my 2465B
on the scope cart, but the feet on the 2400 series scope don't line up with
the little plastic cups that keep the scope from sliding off the cart. I
know that at one point Tek suggested that the 200C can be used with the 2400
series scopes. My question is, were there special retaining "cups" for the
2465B to adapt it to the hole pattern on the tray, or did they expect you to
remove the cups, lash the scope to the tray and hope that it doesn't slide
off?

Jean-Paul

Hello, good question:

I have several 2465/7/B and carts.

Not a problem to mount the scopes, feet and straps need careful fiddling to position.

I recall t scope rests about 1" forward of the expected position so front cover can fit.

The feet on the scope were not removed.

Finally the straps must be carefully secured or the scope can fall off at high tilt angles.

Bon Chance,

Jon

Dave Seiter

Until a few weeks ago, I had a 7704A on one of the carts meant for portables (forget the model, but it's the one with larger rear wheels).  I needed extra straps to anchor it down and careful knots/tensioning, but it had been there about 10 years without incident.  I only replaced it with a 465 because I've gotten more clumsy recently, and the 7704A was a tad top heavy.
-Dave

On Sunday, May 23, 2021, 11:28:50 PM PDT, Jean-Paul <jonpaul@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Hello, good question:

I have several  2465/7/B and  carts.

Not a  problem to mount the scopes,  feet and straps need careful  fiddling to position.

I recall t scope rests about 1" forward of the expected position so front cover can fit.

The  feet  on the scope were not  removed.

Finally the straps must be carefully secured or the scope can fall off at high tilt angles.

Bon Chance,

Jon

Dave Daniel

I tried doing that when I received my 2465B a while back. The combination of the 2465B and the 200C seemed very unstable. I bought a K212 cart for a very reasonable price and that works just fine.

DaveD

On May 23, 2021, at 23:53, Jeff Keyzer <jeff@mightyohm.com> wrote:

I have a 200C scope cart that I use with my 465B. I'd like to put my 2465B
on the scope cart, but the feet on the 2400 series scope don't line up with
the little plastic cups that keep the scope from sliding off the cart. I
know that at one point Tek suggested that the 200C can be used with the 2400
series scopes. My question is, were there special retaining "cups" for the
2465B to adapt it to the hole pattern on the tray, or did they expect you to
remove the cups, lash the scope to the tray and hope that it doesn't slide
off?

Jean-Paul

Sorry I mixed up 200, all of my carts are K212

Jon