FG504 pricing

I'm the enquirer, not Dennis. If you're in the UK please PM me.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of SMOSborne@centurylink.net
Sent: 05 May 2021 04:01
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] FG504 pricing

Dennis,

I have an FG504 that is working that I no longer want/need and would be willing to sell at a reasonable price. Contact me off list if you are interested.

@Arcticgeek

Dennis,

I have an FG504 that is working that I no longer want/need and would be willing to sell at a reasonable price. Contact me off list if you are interested.

Siggi

Þann þri., 4. maí 2021 kl. 20:02 skrifaði Dennis Tillman W7pF <
dennis@ridesoft.com>:

Hi Siggi,
This is the first I have heard of ShapeWays, and your great brackets. I
just bought six of them. How does this work?

They print them off in some kind of nylon IIRC and ship them to you.

Do you get a royalty for each one they sell?

No, though it’s possible to set that up. You can also print in other
materials with them, so you can e.g. do sintered metal trinkets or jewelry.

What else do they have for Tektronix stuff?

Not much that I’m aware of. I also modeled the TM500 quarter turn latches,
but I’ve never pulled the trigger on a print yet.

This kind of service is - in principle - great for producing spare plastic
parts for our darlings. They can print pretty much anything that can be
injection molded.
The problem is that the process is fairly labor intensive, as they batch up
little objects into a full bed print for some kind of sintering machine.
Afterwards a human has to sift through a tub full of spare media to locate
the parts for shipping. There’s therefore a per item cost that dominates
the price of very small items, as I understand their pricing model.

Hi Siggi,
This is the first I have heard of ShapeWays, and your great brackets. I just bought six of them. How does this work? Do you get a royalty for each one they sell?
What else do they have for Tektronix stuff?
Dennis