465 Digital Storage scope

Roy Thistle

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 02:44 PM, zenith5106 wrote:

No, it was a Custom Mod that could be ordered for an extra $1300 in 1979
If you got it back then, you were paying towards the development of the 468... since the top interface on the one on Ebay is more primitive: 2 pots for horizontal cursors, and missing the storage options of the 468.
I was not impressed by the 468, even relative to its TTL 8 bit era.
Impress me.

--
Roy Thistle

Roy Thistle

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 01:02 PM, zenith5106 wrote:

A couple of weeks back there were discussions on a 2215A with digital storage
which most people,
including me, initially thought was a fake until we saw the pictures.
I missed that discussion about the 2215A with the digital storage... but either there is one here... somewhere... or I saw one for sale at a local auction. Well, I never saw Bigfoot; but, I did see a 2215A with digital storage... though I thought it was a bodge.

--
Roy Thistle

Clark Foley

I have seen photos a few different times of a 465 with this custom mod. ebay has one offered at the moment, with some good photographs. I am not affiliated with the seller. I just like the pictures!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-465-Oscilloscope-with-digital-Storage/184573770731?hash=item2af9743beb:g:rdMAAOSwGJJf0Uzb

Bert Haskins wrote:
Wouldn't this just be a prototype for the 468?
yes, much as the 2215A Storage looks like it's a prototype for the 2220

-- Jeff Dutky

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 10:40 PM, Bert Haskins wrote:

Wouldn't this just be a prototype for the 468?
No, it was a Custom Mod that could be ordered for an extra $1300 in 1979
10 bit, 50ks/s

/Håkan

Bert Haskins

On 4/13/2021 4:02 PM, zenith5106 wrote:
A couple of weeks back there were discussions on a 2215A with digital storage which most people,
including me, initially thought was a fake until we saw the pictures.
Well, in a box of manuals that was given to me by a friend I found one for 465 with digital storage
which is also something seldom heard of. I scanned it and it's now on TekWiki. Look for 465 Mod UC.

/Håkan
Wouldn't this just be a prototype for the 468?

So we've got a physical instance of a 2215A Storage with no corresponding documentary evidence, and manual for a 465 Storage, but presumably no physical example of such a beast (and we've also got the 463 that I can't find in any of the Tek catalogs, but which clearly existed). Is there a TekWiki page dedicated to the Cryptozoological Features of the Tektronix Instrument Population?