[HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment] Two Simpson VOMs!

greenboxmaven

The Simpson 260 was almost a cult object among elevator and industrial control technicians for decades, and is still preferred by many even  today.  I was in the US Air Force 1969-73, and also started out as a ground radio tech, but managed to transition to navaids. The PSM-6 multimeter was the one  the younger people thought was The Ultimate, and by far the most common. There were some Simpson 260s  and Triplett 630s, but they were outnumbered ten times over by the the PSM-6.   Most of the scopes we had were Tektronix 524s, with a few LaVoie clones. If you could fenagle a 545,  you had the best.  A 555?  Not in this life!

      Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 3/4/21 2:16, Richard R. Pope wrote:
Hello all,
    I was thinking about this and this why these Simpsons are important to me. When I joined the AF I became a Ground Radio Serviceman. One the instruments that I learned on was a Simpson 260. I hope everyone can understand why it is important to me that these two instruments end up in the hands of a collector. I cherish them and I want to see them preserved.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich

Richard R. Pope

Hello all,
I was thinking about this and this why these Simpsons are important to me. When I joined the AF I became a Ground Radio Serviceman. One the instruments that I learned on was a Simpson 260. I hope everyone can understand why it is important to me that these two instruments end up in the hands of a collector. I cherish them and I want to see them preserved.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 3/3/2021 11:31 PM, Richard R. Pope wrote:
Dave,
I agree but I am passed the collecting stage. The Simpsons are all
that I have left of my electronics stuff except for one DMM that I am
keeping. I would just like to find someone or someones that would make
me a reasonable offer before I die so that they don't end up in the
trash.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 3/3/2021 11:27 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 3/3/21 8:23 PM, saipan59 (Pete) wrote:
I have a couple of 260's (one old, one newer), and a 360 (7-segment
LED display, but the case is almost the same as the 260).
Also have a 650 transistor tester accessory (clamps onto the bottom
of a 260).

Just braggin' !
Neat! I've seen these 360s around and I've long been curious about
them, but I know nothing about them. I should dig up the schematic.

Some time ago a friend gave me another
clamps-to-the-bottom-of-a-260 option, the Model 657 milliohmmeter
adapter. I've not tried it out yet, but it seems like an interesting
option.

I wasn't aware of the Model 650 transistor tester option. That
sounds like it might be very handy!

-Dave