Vertical attenuator skirted knobs

Few things are as frustrating as when the vertical knob on a Tek scope is damaged, by cleaning (hah, you didn't know the printing washed right off, did you?) or mechanical wear or other damage. Many discussions have taken place over printing new skirts, etc. but not many actual solutions have turned up. I get a ton of requests for these, but mostly we are out of stock.

However, I am a bad pack rat, I accumulate many odd but interesting things, thinking "ah, these are really cool, I will figure out what these are meant for later!". well, it doesn't always turn out as intended. I found an ignored fat stock box full of these skirted knobs, many brand new, but almost none with identifying information. Rats...

Photography to the rescue, and thanks to many pictures they are now up on the stuff page, and YOU can figure out what they are if you need one. Hopefully these can make some sad looking scopes out there look happy again. They are from 400-series, 22xx-series, 5A-series and SC50x-series units. Please look here: https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.html#tekfans

all the best,
walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research corp.

-

Walter's North of the Border packrat midden to the rescue!

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:56 AM walter shawlee <walter2@sphere.bc.ca>
wrote:

[...]

Group A-1 look like they are for the 465 (old-style, with the black ring insert).

Group B-3 appear to be "new style" knobs (without a black ring insert) for the 475 (NOT the 475A, which has a range of 5mV to 100V).

Group D, based on the style of the shafts, appear to be for some 2200-series scopes, not the 233x scopes that you have indicated. They are NOT for the 2213/2215 or the 2235/2236, but there are lots of other scopes in the 2200-series, and I'm not familiar with most of them.

-- Jeff Dutky

CORRECTION: I've looked at all the 2200-series scopes on TekWiki, and group D knobs don't seem to match any of them. The closest would be D-2 which could be a knob for a 2213/2215 if the 2mV range had been rubbed off, but I doubt that's the case.

Whatever instrument has a vertical range of 2mV to 100V, however, sounds interesting.

-- Jeff Dutky