155-0001-00 repair or replacement?

Turns out my request was #3 in line... but the #2 person thoughtfully yielded his place to me, so I could buy one. Thank you, anonymous Tekkie :) Despite the post office's best efforts to flatten it into foil (separate post), it apparently survived.

The most likely cause of the S-4 with offscreen trace is a bad hybrid. It's not hard to blow those microscopic diodes. Rather than spend time on troubleshooting, I just changed the hybrid. Surprisingly easy, especially since I read the instructions first...

Sure enough, it's now pretty close to balanced even without tweaking the bridge adjustments, and it displays the same waveform as the S-1 and S-2 with a little overshoot/ring visible on each rising and falling edge. At least with real-time sampling (and the relatively limited speed of my 114 pulse generator) since I haven't resumed my battle with the 3T77A.

Well crap. Someone beat me to it already, even though I replied minutes after I saw the post :(
Whoever you are, how about selling me one of them?
thanks.

PM sent!
I got a reasonable ebay offer on an S-4 "not working, bad offset" and I figure I can fix anything else except the hybrid. So I guess I'll accept once I confirm with Walter :)

snapdiode

Wow! That's a stroke of good fortune in an otherwise almost impossible quest.

As luck would have it, I bought 2 new 155-0001-00 hybrids
in a big parts buy 2 years ago of Tek service center components.
I often wondered what the heck they were...

I have 2 new ones still in anti-static bags if they will help anybody.
is US$20 plus shipping reasonable? Please contact me off-list.

all the best,
walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research corp.

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.
West Kelowna, BC, V1Z 2V4 CANADA
Phone: +1 (250-769-1834 -:- http://www.sphere.bc.ca
+We're all in one boat, no matter how it looks to you. (WS2)
+All you need is love. (John Lennon)
+But, that doesn't mean other things don't come in handy. (WS2)
+Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us.
We are not the only experiment. (R. Buckminster Fuller)

snapdiode

Yikes.

That's the hybrid containing the six microscopic Schottky diodes for an S-4 sampling head.
Is there any source for a replacement, or is there someone who has the tools to replace individual diodes?
Google didn't turn up anything.
thanks.