Differences between 2465/2465A/2465B

Siggi

Hey y'all,

I have a 2465 (in-line for recap) and a 2467. At some point there was a
2467B that came up for sale locally, which was tempting. However, after
looking at the differences between my 2467 and the 2467B, it seemed to me
the only real differences are the extra 50MHz bandwidth and the auto
measurements. Am I missing anything?

Differences from the 2465 to the 2467 include:

- Another 50MHz of bandwidth.
- The wonderfully quiet impeller fan vs the annoying case fan.
- All mechanical vertical/horizontal controls vs infinitely rotating
"soft" knobs.
Note that while the horizontal/vertical controls on the 2465 are "hard"
in that they give you a tactile and visual positional readout, they're
still "soft" in that their position is read by the MPU, which then controls
the hardware.
- Hard pots for vertical channel pos, trace separation, intensity and
readout intensity vs soft controls.
- Toggle switches for channel selection etc, vs momentary and a LED
indicator?
- Cursors on B sweep on 2465A/2467.

... time passes ... turns out there's a page on the Tektronix web that
addresses this somewhat:
https://www.tek.com/support/faqs/what-are-differences-between-oscilloscope-models-2465-2465a-and-2465b
.

Looks like I missed one: "Two independent B triggers for single- or
Dual-channel dual-delay measurements (with CTT Option)".
I use the dual delay measurements rarely enough that it takes me 15 minutes
each time to remember how the controls work, and I have no idea what the
above actually means :).

Incidentally, I think perhaps the reason all the controls went soft in the
2465A/2467 was to allow all settings to be controlled via GPIB or by using
"Sequenced Setups". There's even a connector on the back of the scope for
plugging in a switch to step from one auto setup to the next.

Siggi

Ozan

Incidentally, I think perhaps the reason all the controls went soft in the
2465A/2467 was to allow all settings to be controlled via GPIB or by using
"Sequenced Setups". There's even a connector on the back of the scope for
plugging in a switch to step from one auto setup to the next.
At least on 2467B you can also configure probe ID button to step the measurements.

Ozan