Hey this isn't even on Tekwiki!

snapdiode

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-183A-Rotational-Analyzer-Rare/143941414738

Also an interesting "salvage" stamp from Tek itself all over the thing.

Stephen

Interesting...
Thanks 🙏

It's listed under "183" https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/183

snapdiode

I just ctrl-f the main page and found nothing relevant for 183.

Doesn't ctrl-f only search the page you are currently on?

I provided the direct link to the entry for the 183 and it's descendants.

I found that page by typing "183" into the search field in the upper right of the TekWiki landing page.

I must be missing something.

Roy Thistle

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 09:37 AM, Jeff Dutky wrote:

I must be missing something.
nope. I did the same thing as you: the page for the 183, pops right up.

Roy Thistle

By the way... the vendor lists it a "New-Old-Stock" which seems a newly minted, and particularly incoherent baffle gab too.
Clearly, the Tektronix 183A unit offered is old; and clearly, it's also not new.
It also says at the bottom of the ad "Unit lights up but is untested so sold As Is." But, that's right at the very bottom of the ad.
Is the above flummox a way to get around Ebay's buyer protection?

Mark Litwack

The seller can say whatever they want in the text of their description regarding "as-is", "no returns", etc. Ebay's policy is if the seller listed the item with the category of "Used" then it needs to be working. Period. That's their definition of "Used" and you can read the definition by clicking on the "?" next to the word "Used". If it's not working then it's "Not as described" and buyer protection applies.

I've been on the buyer side of that argument several times. It seems that some sellers are not aware of the implications of "Used".

-mark

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 01:11 PM, Roy Thistle wrote:

By the way... the vendor lists it a "New-Old-Stock" which seems a newly
minted, and particularly incoherent baffle gab too.
Clearly, the Tektronix 183A unit offered is old; and clearly, it's also not
new.
It also says at the bottom of the ad "Unit lights up but is untested so sold
As Is." But, that's right at the very bottom of the ad.
Is the above flummox a way to get around Ebay's buyer protection?

snapdiode

https://w140.com/tekwiki/

ctrl-f for 183

Hickok 1832 Hickok 1836 Jetronic AM-1839

That's all I get.

Colin Herbert

That is probably because it appears in "Specifications needed" which doesn't seem to be indexed. Try using the "Search TekWiki" box at the very top RH-side of the Main Page, that should get it.
Colin.