Looking for 067-0625-00 Peak-to-Peak Detector Photos

Jared Cabot

All good, I was a bit confused about the pass through capacitors and resistor connections, but it all makes sense now.

Thanks!
Jared

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 10:10 AM, Kerry Burns wrote:

Hello Jared

I’m sorry but I can’t remember all of the details from when I took the
cavity apart – should have taken more photos.  I’ve just taken the covers
off and had another look at the PCB, but don’t really want to take the
cavity apart again as I think it was awkward to reassemble properly.  The 100
ohm resistors are soldered to C1 and C2 (fixed to the cavity wall) inside the
cavity.  I don’t think the 50 ohm resistor has any capacitor connection
inside the cavity, although it is of course connected to c3 and c4 on the PCB.

Kerry

Kerry Burns

From: <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of "Jared Cabot via groups.io" <jaredcabot=protonmail.com@groups.io>
Reply to: <TekScopes@groups.io>
Date: Saturday, 13 February 2021 at 2:14 am
To: <TekScopes@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Looking for 067-0625-00 Peak-to-Peak Detector Photos

Do you remember how the signal passed through from the cavity to the PCB?

It appears there is a feed-through capacitor for each diode maybe? Do you remember if the 50ohm resistor had this too or if it was just passing through a simple hole?

Thanks!

Jared

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 12:00 PM, Kerry Burns wrote:

As far as I can remember it was fairly simple – as per the third photo in

the album (the one with the red tape). The 50ohm resistor is soldered directly

to the centre pin of the GR-874 and the two diodes to the ground. Despite

the warnings in the manual about disturbing this RF cavity, my peak detector

seemed to test ok after the repair. I had no choice anyway as the 50 ohm

resistor was broken in half. I was just careful to select the new resistor

to measure as close as possible to the correct value.

Kerry

Jared Cabot

From: <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of "Jared Cabot via groups.io" <jaredcabot=protonmail.com@groups.io>
Reply to: <TekScopes@groups.io>
Date: Friday, 12 February 2021 at 1:35 pm
To: <TekScopes@groups.io>

Great! Thanks for that, pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Do you remember what the other side of the cavity looked like with the connection to the input jack?

Thanks!

Jared.

Jared Cabot

Great! Thanks for that, pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Do you remember what the other side of the cavity looked like with the connection to the input jack?

Thanks!
Jared.

Kerry Burns

Hello Jared

I put some photos of the PCBs in the 2018 thread that Gudjon refers to – both sides of the PCB and the RF cavity.  I had to replace the original mercury cells and a broken resistor where someone else had tried to repair it.

Regards

Kerry

From: <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of Gudjon Gudjonsson <gudjon.i.gudjonsson@gmail.com>
Reply to: <TekScopes@groups.io>
Date: Friday, 12 February 2021 at 6:53 am
To: TekScopes <TekScopes@groups.io>

Hi Jared and Dan

There is an older discussion with link to photos on the forum

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/topic/tektronix_067_0625_00_peak_to/27735549?p=Created,,,20,1,0,0

Regards

Gudjon

Gudjon Gudjonsson

Hi Jared and Dan

There is an older discussion with link to photos on the forum
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/topic/tektronix_067_0625_00_peak_to/27735549?p=Created,,,20,1,0,0

Regards
Gudjon

Dan G

Hi Jared,

I can upload photos of mine to TekWiki, if you'd like. I can take pictures of both sides
of the PCB, but I am not prepared to open or otherwise disturb the RF cavity.

dan

Jared Cabot

Hi all,
I'm thinking of building my own version of the 067-0625-00 Peak-to-Peak Detector, and I am hoping someone has one that they can take a few decent photos of each side (maybe even with a ruler for scale) so I can get a reference of the Tek design to construct mine from.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!
Jared.