Tek 2782

Steve Lindberg

I have a dead 2782 spectrum analyzer. I had a wierd screen and was looking around the video stuff. When I tilted it on it's side and it shut off and won't power up anymore.

Steven Bender

Hi Steve,

I can think of a few possibilities... maybe the tilting caused something to short, blowing a fuse or some circuitry. Maybe a board became disconnected. Maybe a PS line got pulled from its connection. Maybe a board became warped and hit ground, damaging surge blew out a circuit or fuse. Maybe the socket on the CRT lost connection to its pins... pull anything and clean contacts gently, look for item in contact with the case or ground, check fuses, test PS capacitors, try again!

Steven