Tek 576

Worked on the Invert switch too, yesterday, after PS and Step Generator repair and before alignment.

The switch actually worked, but took 30 minutes to come out... I disassembled the horizontal switch to gain access and applied 1 or 2 tiny drops of "Ballistol" (with a syringue) to each end of the switch and the retaining mechanism. After some movements of the cam that made it come out normally.

I still need to push the invert switch harder than the others, but it hase more contacts than any other, too.

cheers
Martin

lew tyler

Many thanks to all who responded; I have some work to do on this DISPLAY switch!!!!!!!!!!
Lew

Tom Bowers

Someone posted this here long ago and I followed these instructions
successfully on two 576 curve tracers. Worked well!

http://www.jacmusic.com/Tube-testers/TEK-576/Tek-576-index.htm

Tom Bowers

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 7:53 AM Michael W. Lynch via groups.io <mlynch003=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dirty switches are a common and ongoing problem for these instruments. I
have a 577 and 2 576's and they all have a periodic glitch, generally due
to a dirty mechanical switch contact. A little cleaning and exercise and
they generally come back good as new.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Michael W. Lynch

Dirty switches are a common and ongoing problem for these instruments. I have a 577 and 2 576's and they all have a periodic glitch, generally due to a dirty mechanical switch contact. A little cleaning and exercise and they generally come back good as new.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Eric

I also recommend cleaning the switch first one of my was marked "dead
destroy" there was no trace at all cleaning the invert switched brought it
back and working normally.

Eric

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021, 9:35 AM Michael W. Lynch via groups.io <mlynch003=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Those switches typically need to be cleaned. I have used both Deoxit and
IPA, along with some gentle compressed air to clean and dry these.
Exercising the switch while the DEOXIT is "soaking in" also helps loosen
the crud.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Michael W. Lynch

Those switches typically need to be cleaned. I have used both Deoxit and IPA, along with some gentle compressed air to clean and dry these. Exercising the switch while the DEOXIT is "soaking in" also helps loosen the crud.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

lew tyler

tek 576 curve tracer #B283924; the screen trace is intermittent when Display (Invert ) switch (467A) is in the released position. In the pressed position, the trace is normal (I am using it
in the pressed (invert) position). the switch is located on the Display Switching Ckt. Bd. (4-29,5-12). Does anyone know of a quick fix/tips to clean/replace this switch???????????
Lew