Topics

7CT1N

Dave Brown

Been some time (several years, now retired) since I used mine and loaned it
to a friend a few days back to check out-he thought he might buy it- but he
reckons it's got too low a refresh rate-something I don't recall. Yet to get
it back-could be a week or so- but wondered if there may be something
wrong with it that could cause this complaint? Any thoughts?
DaveB, NZ

Harvey White

On 6/22/2019 6:45 PM, Dave Brown wrote:
Been some time (several years, now retired) since I used mine and loaned it
to a friend a few days back to check out-he thought he might buy it- but he
reckons it's got too low a refresh rate-something I don't recall. Yet to get
it back-could be a week or so- but wondered if there may be something
wrong with it that could cause this complaint? Any thoughts?
Not so much a problem, but that the traces are running at about a 60 hz rate, so 10 traces refreshes about 6 times a second (or less, since it's a half cycle).  That's where the flicker/refresh rate comes in.  On a 7904, I have not seen an objection from my point of view, but that's just me.

The refresh rate is inherent in the collector supply voltage.

Harvey

DaveB, NZ