From: "n4buq" <n4buq@knology.net>
To: "tekscopes" <tekscopes@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 8:45:47 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] 7B53A - "Hook" at trace start in Mixed Sweep mode
If I set one of my 7B53A plugins to mixed sweep mode, the very start of the
trace shows a slight hook-shape where the trace moves to the left before
starting a full waveform. The remaining waveform, including the faster sweep
part, is normal. My other working 7B53A does not show this.

I'm not sure, but I think I've seen a post regarding what I'm seeing in the past
few weeks and I think the suggestion was that this is due to some oscillation
and comments pointed to a particular part/section; however, I might have that
confused this with a website, etc., and not a post here.

Anyone familiar with this phenomenon and, even better, have a suggestion as to
where to look for the problem?

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

It sounds to me like the beam is being "unblanked" a little early and you are seeing part of the retrace.

Are you saying that you only see this in mixed mode? Not in regular sweep mode?

-- Jeff Dutky

n4buq

That's correct. Only in mixed mode.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

It sounds to me like the beam is being "unblanked" a little early and you are
seeing part of the retrace.

Are you saying that you only see this in mixed mode? Not in regular sweep mode?

-- Jeff Dutky

n4buq

I added a photo here:

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/252850/3326143

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

It sounds to me like the beam is being "unblanked" a little early and you are
seeing part of the retrace.

Are you saying that you only see this in mixed mode? Not in regular sweep mode?

-- Jeff Dutky

SCMenasian

It would be good to know whether the "hook" changes if you change the sweep speeds (both) and what the nature of the changes, if any , are.

Stephen Menasian

n4buq

If I change the sweep speed such that there are more cycles/division, the hook seems to stay in the same place but intersects the first cycle just a bit. Essentially, the hook doesn't seem to change much, if any, at different sweep speeds.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ