Missing knob for Tek 576

Dave S.

Hi guys,

im looking for a missing knob of the trace positioning (see pic below)

https://i.gyazo.com/8e018f12acdef8d57bc2c949135d350f.jpg

The original part number is 366-1027-00, unfortunately i cant find it via google

Maybe someone got a used one (id pay for it ofc)

BR,
David

Jean-Paul

Had similar problem on AC, NPN PARIS knobs on my 576, found perfect substitutes from old junked TEKTRONIX 7000 scope plug-ins.

Jon

Tam Hanna

I printed sth similar for my friend Chuck.

If you want to try it, hit tamhan@tamoggemon.com

Tam

--
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 15k7 other followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

Hi David,
My 576 has a knob like yours but not exactly the same. The odd thing about the knobs on mine are they only have one flute. The 7000 series knob that Jon Paul used probably had two flutes (180 degrees apart) or 4 flutes (90 degrees apart). I suspect Tek ergonomic engineers realized, between the time the 576 came out and the 7000 series was introduced, that 2 flutes and 4 flutes afforded a better grip resulting in the user being able to apply more turning torque.

The 2 flute and 4 flute knobs are quite common. I have many spares. If those will work for you what I need you to do is measure the diameter of each shaft and send it to me off line at dennis at ridesoft dot com.

Dennis Tillman W7pF