Topics

Tek 2712 GPIB board

Howard Hoyt

Hi Vince,

Some querying determined the Prologic had reverted to Controller mode while the 2713 was in Talk Only mode. With this corrected, a Plot button push on the 2713 once again sends the screen graticule and trace info via Prologix USB to PrintCapture, however: there is no readout data printed, just the trace and a virtual graticule. Querying the 2713 diagnostics shows GPIB test Failed. Interestingly enough, the real-time clock does not update when the 2713 is turned off, even though both backup batteries have been changed. Both of these failures appear to be located on the GPIB board...
I'll continue to try and find a common issue, but the offer to purchase a known good #671-1859-0 GPIB board stands!

Cheers!
Howie / WA4PSC

Vince Vielhaber

One way to check is use a terminal program to connect to the prologix controller and try talking to the 2712. Sending the command ?ID should give you the model number and a bunch of other info.

Vince.

On 01/10/2021 03:02 PM, Howard Hoyt wrote:
Hi!
Does anyone have a spare 2712 GPIB board available? I am using a Prologic GPIB to USB converter, and the setup had been working great for a few years. Abruptly it ceased communicating, so I tried a spare Prologic converter, but that did not fix the issue. At that point I assumed a power issue with chassis differential (power spike?) between the PC and 2713 was the culprit. I replaced the two GPIB interface ICs U170 and U370 as well as the dead battery, but I still cannot plot through it. When Plot is pressed I get a No Listener message, even though the PC sees the Proligic, and I know it is good, so I suspect some other GPIB board issue.

I tried ordering a TMS9914A GPIB IC, but the only version available is a really small SMD (I forget the case outline style) which is not pin-for-pin compatible with the much larger one on my board and I don't have time to make an adapter PCB....if that is even the problem I hope someone has a spare board #671-1859-01 to sell?
Thank you for the bandwidth,
Howard Hoyt