Update on Domestic US Book Delivery Dates

I just discovered the printed receipt I received from the post office last
week (when I mailed Peter Keller's books to US addresses) contains Estimated
Delivery Dates. It estimates that ALL of the books will be delivered to you
by this Monday 1/11 at the latest.

Books to Florida addresses will arrive on Monday which I can understand
since they are the furthest from Seattle.

Books to New York State and New England addresses will arrive on Monday
although one book already arrived at Zip Code 06851 in Connecticut
yesterday, 1/7.

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Michael W. Lynch

Mine arrived in the wilds of Arkansas today.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Gordon Smith

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 02:45 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

I just discovered the printed receipt I received from the post office last
week (when I mailed Peter Keller's books to US addresses) contains Estimated
Delivery Dates. It estimates that ALL of the books will be delivered to you
by this Monday 1/11 at the latest.

Books to Florida addresses will arrive on Monday which I can understand
since they are the furthest from Seattle.

Books to New York State and New England addresses will arrive on Monday
although one book already arrived at Zip Code 06851 in Connecticut
yesterday, 1/7.

Dennis Tillman W7pF
Hi Dennis,
My apologies, but I would take any estimated delivery dates by the Post Office with a grain of salt. Because of changes made to the US Postal service over the last year, mail delivery is lagging massively. It is so bad that I personally know of Priority mail items that were mailed 2 weeks before Christmas and some are just now getting to their recipients. I ordered two aluminum roll up shade aluminum tubes last week and the business flat out stated that they would NOT ship via USPS because of delivery issues. YMMV but just thought I would give a warning.

Thank You, Gordon

Scott Walters

Received mine this morning
Niagara Falls ,NY
Thank you very much

On Jan 8, 2021, at 6:03 PM, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io <mlynch003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Mine arrived in the wilds of Arkansas today.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Mike Drum

Dennis,

Just a quick note to let you know that I received the book today to New
Jersey. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Mike

-

Also received mine in Orlando, Fla today. Thanks Dennis!

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Mine arrived in the wilds of Arkansas today.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Richard in Edenton NC

Hi Dennis, Mine arrived yesterday Jan 9th. Thank you for your time and effort. Wonderful book. Definitely something I will enjoy reading and will be a keeper.

73 Richard W4MCD

Sorry to disagree with all the naysayers but from the emails I have received so far the books are arriving ON or AHEAD of the estimated dates on the receipt I got from the post office.

I don't expect every one of the 76 books to arrive by Monday evening but I would not be surprised if at least 85% to 90% of them arrive with the remaining 6 to 10 books arriving a day or two later.

I predicted they would all arrive 10 days after I shipped them on 1/2/2021. That gives me until Tuesday evening for the last one to arrive. It will be close but I think my chances are better than 50/50 that they will all arrive by then.

If I focused on all the things that could go wrong including, as you suggested the USPS being unable to process the deliveries, I never would have called Peter Keller in the first place. I do not know whether the USPS will be able to deliver every book exactly when they say they will after having so many of their sorting machines destroyed this summer to intentionally slow down the mail. From what I can tell so far I would say they are doing an excellent job delivering the least important, lowest class media mail books, I entrusted to them.

I don't know about you but I am very impressed with the job the United States Postal System is doing delivering Peter's books to you everywhere in the United States.

Dennis Tillman W7pF

[...]

TekScopes Moderator

Steve Berg

I received my book today in Orlando Florida. It arrived in great shape and looks like a great book. Beautiful hardcover text. Thanks Dennis for your work on this.
Steve Kb4irb

On Jan 11, 2021, at 12:02 AM, Dennis Tillman W7pF <dennis@ridesoft.com> wrote:

[...]

Dave Daniel

My copy of the book arrived today in Mims, FL 32754 (think very close to Kennedy Space Center).

Thank you, Dennis!

DaveD

On Jan 11, 2021, at 11:57, Steve Berg via groups.io <Its1430=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Chris Wilkson

My copy arrived in Detroit 48206 yesterday. Thanks again, Dennis!