7934 option 02 and IKEA

Karin Johnson

Does anyone know what "option 02" is for a 7934????
On the IKEA note, I needed a roll around cart for my newly assembled 7934 and I stopped at the local IKEA store. It turns out one of the ALEX drawer units that comes in a blue/gray color is almost a perfect match for the Tektronix blue. Plus the top is about one inch larger than the 7934 footprint. At perfect little cart and it even has drawers for storing all sorts of stuff.

On the brightest of brightest notes, I did manage to get the disassembled 7934 that I was complaining about back together and it works like a charm.
Plus I also managed to get a new old stock HV transformer installed in my other 7934, that works too.

Best regards,
Karin

Dave Peterson

Congrats Karin! And you were about to give those away!

It's not a good hobby unless it really pisses you off sometimes. Just means its challenging you.

On Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:04:46 PM PDT, Karin Johnson <karinann@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

Does anyone know what "option 02" is for a 7934????
On the IKEA note, I needed a roll around cart for my newly assembled 7934 and I stopped at the local IKEA store.  It turns out one of the ALEX drawer units that comes in a blue/gray color is almost a perfect match for the Tektronix blue.  Plus the top is about one inch larger than the 7934 footprint.  At perfect little cart and it even has drawers for storing all sorts of stuff.

On the brightest of brightest notes, I did manage to get the disassembled 7934 that I was complaining about back together and it works like a charm.
Plus I also managed to get a new old stock HV transformer installed in my other 7934, that works too.

Best regards,
Karin

Karin Johnson

Thanks Dave.

Karin

Congratulations! I'm glad you got the 7934 working again. A non-working scope that doesn't want to nicely play doctor is quite frustrating (e.g. my 7623A is still on the shit list).

Those are beautiful sets of drawers. I will need to get a few for my bench (you can never have too many multimeters, power supplies, scopes, or storage solutions). The gray-turquoise does look like a close match to Tek blue (which I've been studying for the past few days). It's also just a generally nice color. Nice find.

-- Jeff Dutky

Dave Daniel

YEAH! Excellent work, Karin. I am totally psyched that your 7934 is once again amongst the living.

DaveD

On May 24, 2021, at 15:05, Karin Johnson <karinann@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

Does anyone know what "option 02" is for a 7934????
On the IKEA note, I needed a roll around cart for my newly assembled 7934 and I stopped at the local IKEA store. It turns out one of the ALEX drawer units that comes in a blue/gray color is almost a perfect match for the Tektronix blue. Plus the top is about one inch larger than the 7934 footprint. At perfect little cart and it even has drawers for storing all sorts of stuff.

On the brightest of brightest notes, I did manage to get the disassembled 7934 that I was complaining about back together and it works like a charm.
Plus I also managed to get a new old stock HV transformer installed in my other 7934, that works too.

Best regards,
Karin

Mark Vincent

It is always great to hear when someone gets something working again.

Mark

Karin Johnson

Ingo:
No unfortunately.