7854 printed manuals and their revisions

Martin Hodge

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 10:51 PM, Dan G wrote:

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 10:19 PM, Martin Hodge wrote:

Where did you find that schematic?
On my bookshelf :)

The image I uploaded is a scan of my (original) paper manual.
Thank you for taking the time to scan that. I was just about to buy a printed manual for my 7854 when you made it apparent that there may be other versions available. If you have the time, could you look to see if there is an indication of revision date on your manual? The PDF on tekwiki, which I have been referring to, appears to be Sep '81 and the copy I was going to buy matches that. But you appear to have a later revision.

So, I'm in the market for one if anyone has an extra.

Dan G

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 10:46 AM, Martin Hodge wrote:

If you have the time, could you look to see if there is an
indication of revision date on your manual?
The lower right corner of the first page is marked:

First Printing APR 1980
Revised OCT 1985

The last change it covers is on the A20 High Voltage board, which changed
at serial number B073999.

My manual also contains a set of Manual Change Information sections,
which cover schematic, calibration and theory of operation changes
extending to serial number B095219 (dated 6-11-86).

dan

Albert Otten

There are newer versions. Artek Manuals (Dave) lists their pdf is for S/N B010100-B14xxxx .
Albert