Topics

7854 display set up procedure without the calculator keyboard

Martin Whybrow

My 7854 has issue with the readout, the characters are lines (no Y deflection) and are in the wrong place (all at the central grid line); I want to go through the display setup process, but that requires the keyboard in order to enter the program to generate the calibration pattern; unfortunately I never got the keyboard when I bought the scope, is there any way around that little problem?
Martin

Dave Daniel

There is one on ebay.

They are pretty rare these days.

DaveD

On Aug 18, 2020, at 12:37, Martin Whybrow <martin@...> wrote:

My 7854 has issue with the readout, the characters are lines (no Y deflection) and are in the wrong place (all at the central grid line); I want to go through the display setup process, but that requires the keyboard in order to enter the program to generate the calibration pattern; unfortunately I never got the keyboard when I bought the scope, is there any way around that little problem?
Martin

redarlington

There are a bunch on eBay. Search for Tektronix 7854 Calculator.

-Bob N3XKB

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 10:38 AM Martin Whybrow <martin@...>
wrote:

My 7854 has issue with the readout, the characters are lines (no Y
deflection) and are in the wrong place (all at the central grid line); I
want to go through the display setup process, but that requires the
keyboard in order to enter the program to generate the calibration pattern;
unfortunately I never got the keyboard when I bought the scope, is there
any way around that little problem?
Martin

Martin Whybrow

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 08:40 PM, redarlington wrote:

Tektronix 7854 Calculator
All in the USA unfortunately, but bit the bullet and bought one. Cheers guys.