Topics

577 D1 IV curve question

DW

Yes, I am reffering to the kink at the left side of the trace, the IV curve appears to be pushed up higher on the screen than normal

DW

Thanks for the replies

Refer to this link below
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/255355/1?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0
The offset knob is set to 0 and the ZERO and AID switches are IN. I pushed them in and out and observed no change in behavior

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/255355/0?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0
With ZERO and AID switches set in the OUT position and the offset set to 4 I am able to remove the vertical offset of the IV curve where it appears to look normal.

This seems to be a new problem that has occurred recently, when I got this instrument I don't recall this problem from before.

Michael W. Lynch

Dennis beat me to it. Are you possibly referring to that little kink near the left side of the trace?

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Hi DW,
It would help if you said what you thought was odd about the curves so we knew what we were looking for.
There is nothing wrong at all as far as I can tell other than the base steps are offset. To confirm this turn the silver 10 turn OFFSET pot. As you turn it the offset will change making the entire set of curves move up and down on the CRT.
The odd thing is the offset button does not appear to be in the "activated" position. Try pressing this push button. It may be stuck somehow in the active position.
Dennis Tillman W7pF