Topics

C1001/2 vid' cams for the 11301/2

Bill Perkins

Anyone have any experience with these; the frame grabber board and the software are a complete mystery to me.

TIA for any help/admonition.

Bill

Brian

Hi Bill , I have several of these video camera's but not the Tek frame grabber or software . I have a Cortex frame grabber which works very well and some Cortex s/w available on their website some years ago - not sure about now though . The card I am using is an ISA card so it needs an old Pc, there is a PCI version of the card which might be easily found and the s/w for that was also on the website .The cards have a 9pin 'D' type connector on the bracket which allows video input and also a trigger for grabbing a frame plus a 12v output which can power the C1001/2
I have also used the camera's with a cheap USB stick used for surveilance systems and also similar ones used in video to DVD applications with out much trouble . I had a great time showing my 7104 screen on a 15 inch laptop screen .There is a downside using the camera's though , whatever you do its not much good capturing any single shot waveforms
I hope this helps a little
Brian

Brian wrote:
Hi Bill , I have several of these video camera's but not the Tek frame grabber or software . I have a Cortex frame grabber which works very well and some Cortex s/w available on their website some years ago - not sure about now though . The card I am using is an ISA card so it needs an old PC, there is a PCI version of the card which might be easily found and the s/w for that was also on the website. The cards have a 9pin 'D' type connector on the bracket which allows video input and also a trigger for grabbing a frame plus a 12v output which can power the C1001/2
I have also used the cameras with a cheap USB stick used for surveillance systems and also similar ones used in video to DVD applications without much trouble. I had a great time showing my 7104 screen on a 15 inch laptop screen . There is a downside using the cameras though, whatever you do it's not much good capturing any single shot waveforms
I hope this helps a little
Brian
Yes, it does. Thx.
Any chance for a few links, save me digging high and low ?
I'd want the PCI version of any card. ISA is just -so-last century :-)

Not one to be lazy, I did some digging and found this halfway likely looking site:

http://www.imagenation.com/imagena/default.html

but I don't know what I'm after.

I'm planning to pick up a Tek 79364, a 500MHz storage unit* so fast one-shots won't be a problem and I work in audio so all that's sort of a 'who-cares' anyway.

Thx,
Bill

* Yeah Walt, I'm still in; just delayed. My daughter bought the house she wanted so I'll be out to see you real soon.

Brian

Hi Bill , Imagenation are the guys that produced the cards I have , CX100 is the ISA card I have used and PXC200 is the PCI card , now replaced by the PXC200A . The software drivers etc are all still there on the website , I just checked  . They go all the way to providing code examples if you want to write your own s/w .I got my cards from Ebay so they cost nowhere near the prices shown on the site .
I'm not sure where I got the connection details for the C1001/2 from , I suspect that I went inside and did some circuit tracing , I had the distinct impression that the camera's were made by Mitsubishi at the time but I may have been wrong .
Brian

On Thursday, 1 October 2020, 23:50:28 BST, Bill Perkins <sales@...> wrote:

    Brian wrote:
[...]

Charlie Conger

That exactly what it is a video camera and frame grabber card. It has the ability to monitor the waveform for changes and then capture those. It was a way to get the performance of a high speed digitizer on the cheap( as long as you have good high speed analog scope). it was a follow on to earlier high speed digitizers that had internal scan converts that did much the same thing. However, it is difficult to set up and requires fiddling. I do not recommend you messing with it unless you are just curious.

Bill Perkins

Thx for all that, it was in any case a project well down my already too long list.

The pix I want will come from a benched R7603 and a little tripod between the benchtop and my Canon EOS 30D ought to pretty much get me where I want to go.

That said though, I -was- curious.