A "collection" with quite a few Tek 'scopes


Pete Lancashire
 

Some on the list may not have heard of "Mr Carlson's Lab"

His new addition to his shop ....

https://youtu.be/TP9Fb6RUMsk

-pete


Bruce Lane
 

(speechless, deer-in-headlights look)

I've been dreaming about that kind of lab space for the last forty
years! Either the guy got truly lucky, when he was house-hunting, or
that's a dedicated outbuilding.

...wow...

On 25-Dec-17 09:13, Pete Lancashire wrote:

Some on the list may not have heard of "Mr Carlson's Lab"

His new addition to his shop ....

https://youtu.be/TP9Fb6RUMsk

-pete

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
--
---
Bruce Lane, ARS KC7GR
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech dot com
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (Red Green)


Pete Lancashire
 

Have lots of $, CDN $'s but still $'s

VE7ZWZ



On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
wrote:

(speechless, deer-in-headlights look)

I've been dreaming about that kind of lab space for the last forty
years! Either the guy got truly lucky, when he was house-hunting, or
that's a dedicated outbuilding.

...wow...


On 25-Dec-17 09:13, Pete Lancashire wrote:

Some on the list may not have heard of "Mr Carlson's Lab"

His new addition to his shop ....

https://youtu.be/TP9Fb6RUMsk

-pete


John Brown
 

Enjoy his videos. The 'normal' lab space is like being in a submarine. Looks cool but would drive me crazy I think trying to work.


Daniel Koller
 

So, in his opening sequency, at the upper left, there is a 2 unit high rack-mounted instrument with a blue panel, what looks like a speaker cover on the right side and a 2 or 3" CRT with a black bezel right in the center.  Does anyone know what that instrument is?

  Impressive collection.  Must be a rich guy.

Dan

On Monday, December 25, 2017, 12:14:10 PM EST, Pete Lancashire <xyzzypdx@gmail.com> wrote:

Some on the list may not have heard of "Mr Carlson's Lab"

His new addition to his shop ....

https://youtu.be/TP9Fb6RUMsk

-pete


TomC
 

It looks like a Heterodyne wave analyzer. I don't know the manufacturer or model number.

Tom

On 12/26/2017 8:02 AM, Daniel Koller via Groups.Io wrote:
So, in his opening sequency, at the upper left, there is a 2 unit high rack-mounted instrument with a blue panel, what looks like a speaker cover on the right side and a 2 or 3" CRT with a black bezel right in the center.  Does anyone know what that instrument is?
  Impressive collection.  Must be a rich guy.
Dan
On Monday, December 25, 2017, 12:14:10 PM EST, Pete Lancashire <xyzzypdx@gmail.com> wrote:
Some on the list may not have heard of "Mr Carlson's Lab"
His new addition to his shop ....
https://youtu.be/TP9Fb6RUMsk
-pete


David Az
 

i love his channel
I have been watching his YouTube channel regularly for years
"Tektronix type 555 oscilloscope, over 100 tubes inside!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvbNBZX6kNE


Twig
 

The instrument is a Specific Products model WWVC receiver for WWV signals. Crystal-controlled, with a Collins mechanical filter. Quite the thing back in its day.

The manual is available online.

Here is one in operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EiLRfKgTg

If you suddenly feel the need to have one for your very own, PM me -- I have one holding down a corner of the shelf :-)


Raymond Cote
 

Link does not work. I’ve been trying!’n

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get use to the idea.

-Robert Heinlein

On Dec 30, 2017, at 15:01, Twig <ki6j@hotmail.com> wrote:

The instrument is a Specific Products model WWVC receiver for WWV signals. Crystal-controlled, with a Collins mechanical filter. Quite the thing back in its day.

The manual is available online.

Here is one in operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EiLRfKgTg

If you suddenly feel the need to have one for your very own, PM me -- I have one holding down a corner of the shelf :-)



Artekmedia <manuals@...>
 

No problem here with the link ..likely a firewall or virus software block on your end
Dave
manuals@artekmanuals.com

On 12/30/2017 4:51 PM, Raymond Cote wrote:
Link does not work. I’ve been trying!’n

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get use to the idea.

-Robert Heinlein

On Dec 30, 2017, at 15:01, Twig <ki6j@hotmail.com> wrote:

The instrument is a Specific Products model WWVC receiver for WWV signals. Crystal-controlled, with a Collins mechanical filter. Quite the thing back in its day.

The manual is available online.

Here is one in operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EiLRfKgTg

If you suddenly feel the need to have one for your very own, PM me -- I have one holding down a corner of the shelf :-)


--
Dave
Manuals@ArtekManuals.com
www.ArtekManuals.com


Dave Daniel
 

The link works for me.

DaveD

On 12/30/2017 2:51 PM, Raymond Cote wrote:
Link does not work. I’ve been trying!’n

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get use to the idea.

-Robert Heinlein

On Dec 30, 2017, at 15:01, Twig <ki6j@hotmail.com> wrote:

The instrument is a Specific Products model WWVC receiver for WWV signals. Crystal-controlled, with a Collins mechanical filter. Quite the thing back in its day.

The manual is available online.

Here is one in operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EiLRfKgTg

If you suddenly feel the need to have one for your very own, PM me -- I have one holding down a corner of the shelf :-)



Dano
 

I really like his video's. He doesn't talk too fast that you can't follow along, if anything he might draw it out too much, but I don't mind that. Plenty of technical details for my skill level.

However, once he switched to Patreon, I dropped off. Is he worth it, I'm confident he is, but not through Patreon, for me. That whole scheme rub's me wrong (the company, not Carlson). I don't believe their propaganda, and their track record isn't exactly stellar. Matter of fact, it just got worse, if they implement the new double-dip pay scheme.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear he's still posting publicly on YT. I'll go back to and see what's new, when I have time to kill...

Cheers!

-Dano


toby@...
 

On 2017-12-30 4:51 PM, Raymond Cote wrote:
Link does not work. I’ve been trying!’n
Plays fine here. Are you able to view YouTube in general?

--T

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get use to the idea.

-Robert Heinlein

On Dec 30, 2017, at 15:01, Twig <ki6j@hotmail.com> wrote:

The instrument is a Specific Products model WWVC receiver for WWV signals. Crystal-controlled, with a Collins mechanical filter. Quite the thing back in its day.

The manual is available online.

Here is one in operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EiLRfKgTg

If you suddenly feel the need to have one for your very own, PM me -- I have one holding down a corner of the shelf :-)




toby@...
 

On 2017-12-30 10:42 PM, nojunkmail@cd-envisions.com wrote:
I really like his video's. He doesn't talk too fast that you can't follow along, if anything he might draw it out too much, but I don't mind that. Plenty of technical details for my skill level.

However, once he switched to Patreon, I dropped off. Is he worth it, I'm confident he is, but not through Patreon, for me. That whole scheme rub's me wrong (the company, not Carlson). I don't believe their propaganda, and their track record isn't exactly stellar. Matter of fact, it just got worse, if they implement the new double-dip pay scheme.
To say he "switched to Patreon" only makes sense if there is
sponsor-only content. Is he actually doing that? If so, he must be
promoting it somewhere or how would we know...

Otherwise just subscribe to his YT, you'll still get notices. And
support him by other means if you don't like Patreon.

--T


Anyhow, I'm glad to hear he's still posting publicly on YT. I'll go back to and see what's new, when I have time to kill...

Cheers!

-Dano




Dano
 

Yes, in one (possibly more) of his Youtube video's he states his move to Patreon for his "training and educational" videos, if I remember any of it right. I didn't mean to imply he completely moved away from public YouTube, my bad there. But his intent was to provide better structured training videos with some income, can't blame him for that at all. Actually, I looked forward to it because I wanted to learn it, not just watch whatever he decides to demonstrate. I like that too, but that's more informational, than training. Maybe he ended up ditching the whole thing, have no idea.

The timing happened to be when I had other critical things going on, and had to put everything on the back burner. Probably a year ago now. So it was an easy decision just to drop off for the time being. I wasn't a big deal, I just was disappointed because I still wanted to follow along, but absolutely couldn't afford the time or money at that point. A little like paying for a gym membership and never going, been there done that.

Anyhow, I do fully support his endeavor, and when I have the funds to share, I will. I donated to Wikipedia and that tapped me out for now. choices.... sigh...

Cheers!

-Dano


toby@...
 

On 2017-12-31 1:42 AM, Dano wrote:
Yes, in one (possibly more) of his Youtube video's he states his move to Patreon for his "training and educational" videos, if I remember any of it right. I didn't mean to imply he completely moved away from public YouTube, my bad there. But his intent was to provide better structured training videos with some income, can't blame him for that at all. Actually, I looked forward to it because I wanted to learn it, not just watch whatever he decides to demonstrate. I like that too, but that's more informational, than training. Maybe he ended up ditching the whole thing, have no idea.

The timing happened to be when I had other critical things going on, and had to put everything on the back burner. Probably a year ago now. So it was an easy decision just to drop off for the time being. I wasn't a big deal, I just was disappointed because I still wanted to follow along, but absolutely couldn't afford the time or money at that point. A little like paying for a gym membership and never going, been there done that.

Anyhow, I do fully support his endeavor, and when I have the funds to share, I will. I donated to Wikipedia and that tapped me out for now. choices.... sigh...
Ah, thanks for the extra context. I should have checked his Patreon
page, which also answers my question. He announces 37 patron-only posts
there. I guess YouTube is the main promotional avenue for these.

https://www.patreon.com/MrCarlsonsLab

Maybe I should pay a few patronage bucks to see what that material is
like, as an electronics learner!

If Patreon pulls more dirty tricks in 2018 (some feel their business
model/investors will require it) then I'd hope he'll be open to other
funding options.

--Toby


Cheers!

-Dano




Dano
 

Cool, thanks for the link. I see that they decided against the double-dip fee's, that creators and payers were gonna get stuck with (for now). They've blown their integrity all to hell though.

I wish they had a simple pay to watch method. I hate the monthly subscription model, for EVERYTHING these days. Any know if that is otherwise, for Patreon? I just click the "X" button when I see the word "monthly" on any website.

Happy New Year to all

Cheers!

-Dano