7704A - CRT Socket Cover

n4buq

The CRT socket on my 7704A (and I presume other have it as well) includes a white plastic cover that has small V-shaped "extrusions" that fit inside each V-shaped hole in the back side of the socket. 50 years and lots of exposure to heat from the CRT has caused this cover to disintegrate to the point it crumbles with the slightest pressure.

Anyone know of a source for these or, perhaps, something similar to replace it? I see where Q-service is selling the entire socket but I don't need all that and am looking for a more cost-effective replacement. I realize that cover is likely superfluous and I could just leave it off but it would be a nice-to-have.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ