From: "n4buq" <n4buq@...>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:04:02 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Questions regarding new group

Glad to see this is moving to a better platform.

I do, however, have a couple of questions about this.

I went to the group.io homepage and can see the tekscopes messages, but am
not seeing anything for photos or other files. Are those linked from the
homepage?

At the homepage, it has a login link. Do I need to create a groups.io
membership? I tried logging in as a Google account, but that didn't seem to
take me back to the tekscopes homepage and clicking back there didn't expose
any new functionality that I saw so am curious what/if I need to do anything
else.

Thanks to all who made this possible! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
Barry - N4BUQ

Vince Vielhaber

Don't log in as a google account. You've been here long enough that when
Dennis originally set things up we all got an email with account setup
info. Just click a link as I recall. Otherwise, set up an account using
your email address, not a google, facebook, etc. login and things should
happen for you. Until you've set up an account and you're a member, you
won't see much.

Vince.

BTW, if I go to the home page, it displays a message stating I'm not
subscribed to this group (or any groups for that matter). Odd since I get
the messages to my inbox...

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

[...]

ArtekManuals

On 12/19/2017 1:04 PM, n4buq wrote:
I went to the group.io homepage and can see the tekscopes messages, but am not seeing anything for photos or other files. Are those linked from the homepage?
Yes they are linked to the home page

At the homepage, it has a login link. Do I need to create a groups.io membership? I tried logging in as a Google account, but that didn't seem to take me back to the tekscopes homepage and clicking back there didn't expose any new functionality that I saw so am curious what/if I need to do anything else.
Because you are a member of the Tekscopes.io community does not automatically make you a member of groups .io

YES you need to create a groups.io  membership this is not the same as being a Tekscopes member. I know it seems a bit out of sequence but that is because an existing group and it's membership were transferred from Yahoo. If you were a newbie seeking membership you would first join groups .io and then petition for acceptance to Tekscopes ( Yahoo was no different by the way)

Once you are logged in to groups .IO then reopen the Tekscopes home page

Group Home: https://groups.io/g/TekScopes

Dave

--
Dave
Manuals@...

ArtekManuals

Not really any  different that the Yahoo groups. you got email over there but if you were not logged in yahoo groups you couldn't get to the various sub menus ( files photos etc) You may have had your computer / browser set up to auto log in the Yahoo groups and since it has been so long since you set it up the log in on yahoo groups was transparent to you ... The same can be the case with group .io if you  allow save password in your browser

Dave
manuals@...

On 12/19/2017 1:08 PM, n4buq wrote:
[...]

I just thought of something. Go to the groups.io home page and click on
Log In. Go thru the Forgot Password steps and you'll be in.

[...]

Ian van der Neut

I just clicked "Email me a link to login" (or something similar, I forgot
the exact words). Worked fine. Changed passwords, good to go.

Michigan VHF Corp. http://www.nobucks.net/ http://www.CDupe.com/
http://www.metalworkingfun.com

--
One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null
word.

n4buq

Actually, I just "joined" the group with my Google account. Apparently but will send emails to my gmail address rather than the email address I've been receiving them but it _may_ send to both.

By "joining" I get access to the photos, files, etc.

I suppose I need to set up a groups.io account and link that with my regular email account.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

[...]

Kuba Ober

Typically this happens when you’re not subscribed to the particular group using your google account. That’s all. It’s probably best if you unsubscribe using the old email at knology, then resubscribe using the google account.

Alternatively, you can create a groups.io account using knology email.

- Kuba

19 dec. 2017 kl. 13:04 skrev n4buq <n4buq@...>:

Glad to see this is moving to a better platform.

I do, however, have a couple of questions about this.

I went to the group.io homepage and can see the tekscopes messages, but am not seeing anything for photos or other files. Are those linked from the homepage?

At the homepage, it has a login link. Do I need to create a groups.io membership? I tried logging in as a Google account, but that didn't seem to take me back to the tekscopes homepage and clicking back there didn't expose any new functionality that I saw so am curious what/if I need to do anything else.

Thanks to all who made this possible! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
Barry - N4BUQ

Hi Barry,
On the left side of each web page are 12 to 14 choices that start with HOME and end with WIKI. FILES and PHOTOS are near the bottom of the list of choices.
Dennis Tillman W7PF