Topics

420A problem

twoqs64amxtfdsiahov5cx5fboiqtaytx3ympkyn@...

Hey Guy´s

Taking a chance to write here about a problem i have with one 420A Tektronics Scope

We have used this for a long time and it has always worked fine, but the latest months it´s been starting to behave strange, when you try to trig any signal outside the "autoset" funktion wich gives you like 2,5G slow cycle, the scope says Trig´d but the screen rolls from right to left or viceversa, almost as if there was no trigger signal or wrong input....we went ahead and changed all caps in the sweet thing, wich needed to be done anyway = original scope, but it dident do any change..

We cannot find any real electrical problem with it, nor any hints in the service manual, now on the old scopes this could be adjusted inside, on this one the service manual mention adjustment software via the Gpbib port, and i can imagine that this could be a adjustment kindda thing, but if so ... can one today set up a gpib connection on a win 10 system and talk to this thing ?????

All test are ok, compensation made etc. etc.

Any idaea would be helpful

Best regards

/ Anders

can one today set up a gpib connection on a win 10 system and talk to this
thing ?
Depends on what you mean by "talk to".
If you mean just communicate with the scope, yes off course if you have a
working GPIB setup.
If you mean the adjustment software, no. It is a DOS application which won't
run on Win10 and also it requires an old ISA card NI GPIBII/IIA.

I don't think the adjustment would fix your problem anyway.

/Håkan