Topics

OT my 22xx plotter belt is gone how to repair?

Bert Haskins

The little pen plotter that I sometimes use with my 2230 and 2232 scopes has a cog belt that has rotted.
Several chunks have just come off.
This is a new one for me.
Any ideas on what I can do to replace the belt?
I actually have some belts that are much longer so the trick might be how to shorten one of them.

Thanks,
Bert

Ted Rook

You could give these people a try

http://www.sdp-si.com/products/Timing-Belts-and-Cables/index.php

also McMaster-Carr has a small selection of belts

both these firms do small orders with credit card payment.

Ted

On 19 Oct 2017 at 16:55, Bert Haskins bhaskins@chartermi.net [TekSc[TekScopes] OT my
22xx plotter belt is gone how t wrote:

The little pen plotter that I sometimes use with my 2230 and 2232 scopes
has a cog belt that has rotted.
Several chunks have just come off.
This is a new one for me.
Any ideas on what I can do to replace the belt?
I actually have some belts that are much longer so the trick might be
how to shorten one of them.

Thanks,
Bert

Ed Breya

Did you look around for info on the plotter to see if it can be found? Also, maybe the belt has some ID markings. Or, maybe the pulleys are marked. These sorts of things are somewhat standardized, so maybe possible to get exact replacements.

If you can't ID it, you can search among standard ones by the dimensions, including drive lug size and pitch.

Ed

Harvey White

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:55:18 -0400, you wrote:

The little pen plotter that I sometimes use with my 2230 and 2232 scopes
has a cog belt that has rotted.
Several chunks have just come off.
This is a new one for me.
Any ideas on what I can do to replace the belt?
I actually have some belts that are much longer so the trick might be
how to shorten one of them.
From the markings on the belt and measurements you can determine the
type of belt. McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) has a good stock of
belts, as well as a very good catalog with lots of belt information.

Harvey

Thanks,
Bert