Topics

2465A Filter, Implode shield, gray knob

Spike

Howdy,

I'm looking for the following for my 2465A scope.

I need the blue filter, 378-0199-00,
and the shield, 337-2926-00

Along with a few of the press on knobs:366-2041-01.
maybe even and insert 377-0512-01.

I think they were super glued on there and many
broke apart when I removed them for washing cleaning
off all the crap that was on the scopes.

Not sure where to find them.

Thanks

Bill Moran <william.f.moran@...>

Try Tekparts.com.

Sent from my iPhone

Colin Herbert

Hi,

Take a look at Qservice in Rhodes, Greece:

http://www.tek-parts.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=374

and Sphere in Canada:

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tekparts.html

No guarantees, but they both have a lot of stuff at decent prices. I have
purchased from Qservice and can recommend them.

Colin.

I'm looking for the following for my 2465A scope.

I need the blue filter, 378-0199-00,
and the shield, 337-2926-00

Along with a few of the press on knobs:366-2041-01.
maybe even and insert 377-0512-01.

I think they were super glued on there and many
broke apart when I removed them for washing cleaning
off all the crap that was on the scopes.

Not sure where to find them.

Thanks

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Virus-free.
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> www.avg.com

Sergey Kubushyn

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017, Bill Moran william.f.moran@gmail.com [TekScopes] wrote:

This is long gone, domain is free.

Try Tekparts.com.
---
* KSI@home KOI8 Net < > The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA < > Miracles require 24-hour notice. *

Colin Herbert

If you are referring to Qservice, I'm afraid you are incorrect. They are
still trading healthily. You have to use the correct URL:

http://www.tek-parts.com/

Colin.

* Las Vegas NV, USA < > Miracles require 24-hour notice. *

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Virus-free.
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> www.avg.com

mosaicmerc

I might be able to help out. I have a parts hulk 2465. Which knobs do u need?

I have the spare shield and the filter as well.

Spike

Ancel B,

The row is the Intensity, Focus, Readout, scale Illum.

I guess they kind of slide a millimeter in and out slightly
and then stop. Pulling with gentle force. Eventually
they would come off, but then the grippers parts
would break off. The little concentric parts on the
inside of the knob.

This scope has been well used. The only other things
I'm not sure about, since I've not owned one before
are the SEC/DIV push pull switch
and the on/off switch.

SED/DIV seems to work sometimes when pulling
out but then stays in the same range etc when
pushed back in etc?

Same with the on/off, push it in and at there is
a delay before it starts to power up.

Sometimes a long delay? Anyone know whats
up with that?

That is getting ahead of myself. though.

I would imagine its probably a time for some new caps etc.

Thanks, let me know what you find out?
and what you might need for them also?

Spike

mosaicmerc

Those are the small knobs under the screen?

The other knobs on the control panel are ok?

Spike

Hi AncelB,

I don't need all those knobs though, I only need one gray one.

If you get busy or something let me know.

Thanks,

mosaicmerc

Pulled the blue lens/filter & the knob. Anyone got advice on how to pull the implode shield off a 2465?

mosaicmerc

Pulled the blue lens/filter and the knob, CRT shield looks a bit trickier, never pulled one.
Anyone got any advice on extracting that from a 2465?

Tom Jobe <tomjobe@...>

The implosion shield is just another loose plastic piece behind the blue
or clear filter.
It's part number and physical dimensions may vary a little bit depending
on the serial number of your scope, so look at the parts list in the
back of your service manual in case it is like a plain 2465.
tom jobe...

On 8/4/2017 4:40 PM, mosaicmerc@yahoo.com [TekScopes] wrote:

Pulled the blue lens/filter & the knob. Anyone got advice on how to
pull the implode shield off a 2465?

mosaicmerc

Ok, will compare it to my 2465a shield for dimensions.

Spike

Hi AncelB,

Hows it coming? Any luck gathering these parts?

Please let me know. Thanks,

Spike

mosaicmerc

Still haven't determined how to extract the Explosion proof shield. But if u know the dimensions I can laser cut one from 1.2mm polycarb for u.

Chuck Harris <cfharris@...>

This begs answering, as if you get this wrong...

The explosion proof shield is inset into the
front panel. To remove it, you must take the
scope out of its case, remove the knobs under
the CRT, remove all of the screws around the
perimeter of the front panel.. removing the insert
on the top will reveal some. When you lift off
the front panel plastic, the blast shield will
usually stay stuck in the panel, but can be
easily popped out.

Now, I would lay odds that when you remove the
knobs under the CRT you will break at least one,
probably two. You can improve the odds by warming
the knobs a bit... sometimes.

Warm, not melt.

-Chuck Harris

mosaicmerc@yahoo.com [TekScopes] wrote:

Still haven't determined how to extract the Explosion proof shield. But if u know
the dimensions I can laser cut one from 1.2mm polycarb for u.

------------------------------------ Posted by: mosaicmerc@yahoo.com
------------------------------------

mosaicmerc

Ok, I pulled the Scope bezel, no knob problems.
Laser cut a Makrolon replacement shield as the OEM shield has some slight scuffs.

So I have all the items now, the knob, the shield and the blue filter.
$14.00 shipped for all, snail mail = 3 to 4 weeks to N. America.

Spike

Ancel,

That works for me. How do I find your email address on here?
Wow, you can just laser cut them? I should have you make a
few spares. Probably not needed though.

The main thing is Chucks advice about heating the
knobs, with out melting them, to have them come
off.

Maybe you know or others might have a similar situation.
How easy/difficult is it to do the following, that is the probability
of success for the intensity pot/shaft:

Bending back the shaft to center, or
replacing the whole pot.

Thoughts because I haven't repaired these before.

Spike

Ancel,

The shield is 4.44" x 3.67" x 0.06". inches.
I don't know what that is in mm.

Chuck Harris <cfharris@...>

The worst that can happen is you break the shaft,
and have to replace the pot anyway.

Bending pot shafts can be done successfully, but
you have to use a rod with a hole in it as a lever
bar, and only move that shaft a fraction of the way,
and let it rest... and then a fraction more, and
let it rest... until it is straight. If you try
to go the whole way in one shot, it will break.

-Chuck Harris

spikeiskewl@yahoo.com [TekScopes] wrote:

Ancel,

That works for me. How do I find your email address on here?
Wow, you can just laser cut them? I should have you make a
few spares. Probably not needed though.

The main thing is Chucks advice about heating the
knobs, with out melting them, to have them come
off.

Maybe you know or others might have a similar situation.
How easy/difficult is it to do the following, that is the probability
of success for the intensity pot/shaft:

Bending back the shaft to center, or
replacing the whole pot.

Thoughts because I haven't repaired these before.

Posted by: spikeiskewl@yahoo.com

Yahoo Groups Links