Inventory reduction sale

Reed Dickinson

Greetings fellow Tekies:

I read, with interest, the current string regarding selling Tek products on this forum. I have debated doing this for months and I have now decided it is time to act. I am 82, retired, and I realize that I no longer have the time, energy nor desire to refurbish all these scopes so, I am offering them for sale.

I have 196 scopes in my garage. The inventory is as follows:

465 28
465B 42
466 8
468 37
475 55
475A 20
7854 6

Total 196

Most of these scopes came from the now defunct Hughes Aircraft plant here in Southern California.
Picking up these scopes at my home is the way to get these scopes. I also have many other Tek products,
write me and state your needs and I will reply.

My minimum price for any of these complete scopes is $50. I am asking $70 for those with the DM option. For the 468's and 475's (A) I am asking $75.
A few of these scopes have been used for parts and one parts scope will be given away free for a purchase of every 5 complete scopes.

I also have 53 of the 485 models. These are my favorite scopes and I might be persuaded to part with some of these.

All are in Tustin, Orange County, CA. I am not prepared to ship these scopes so it is on a first come, first served basis. Offers on 10 or more would be considered.
If you want to have an outside shipper pick up and pack a scope(s), at buyers expense, that can be arranged.

For a fee I could test each scope up to a trace only level depending on the state of the scope.
The 7854's are a difficult scope to work on but it appears that each one is complete. I would negotiate a fair price on each 7854. I have two keyboards for these scopes which I would sell separately.

I, and my wife, would love it is someone would arrive in a big truck and haul everything away.

Write me at reed714@sbcglobal.net and we can discuss your desires.

Reed Dickinson
1705 Stonehenge Drive
Tustin, CA 92780

Greg B

All I can say is wow - I thought I was a hoarder... nice stuff though. <Contemplating the drive from PA to CA> It makes my pile look smaller now. Can we get a picture of it all so that the next time we are accused of having too much stuff we can use that as an argument? I completely understand the lack of shipping though as that could become a career in itself. Maybe consider one of those pack and ship places that you just drop off and the seller pays the packer/shipper for the services? Of course maybe you'll get lucky and someone will show up with an empty truck and a basket of cash.

Good luck!

Greg

David Berlind

How far a drive is that from San Diego? I will be there on business next
week but don't have transportation.

On February 9, 2017 8:34:10 PM "greg16417@yahoo.com [TekScopes]"
<TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

All I can say is wow - I thought I was a hoarder... nice stuff though.
<Contemplating the drive from PA to CA> It makes my pile look smaller now.
Can we get a picture of it all so that the next time we are accused of
having too much stuff we can use that as an argument? I completely
understand the lack of shipping though as that could become a career in
itself. Maybe consider one of those pack and ship places that you just
drop off and the seller pays the packer/shipper for the services? Of
course maybe you'll get lucky and someone will show up with an empty truck
and a basket of cash.

Good luck!

Greg

Reed Dickinson

Hi Greg:

I will keep the light on for the people with an empty truck. Why don't
you take a vacation from all that snow I see you are having and drive
out here, visit Disneyland and haul a load of scopes back east.

Reed

On 2/9/2017 5:34 PM, greg16417@yahoo.com [TekScopes] wrote:

All I can say is wow - I thought I was a hoarder... nice stuff though.
<Contemplating the drive from PA to CA> It makes my pile look smaller
now. Can we get a picture of it all so that the next time we are
accused of having too much stuff we can use that as an argument? I
completely understand the lack of shipping though as that could become
a career in itself. Maybe consider one of those pack and ship places
that you just drop off and the seller pays the packer/shipper for the
services? Of course maybe you'll get lucky and someone will show up
with an empty truck and a basket of cash.

Good luck!

Greg

Reed Dickinson

Hi David:

A suggestion, rent a truck, drive 83 miles up 5, do your business here
then drive to my home and load up your truck!

Reed

On 2/9/2017 5:37 PM, David Berlind david@berlind.org [TekScopes] wrote:

How far a drive is that from San Diego? I will be there on business next
week but don't have transportation.

Kevin Oconnor

wow! 53 485s! Best all round Tek portable scope for 20 years. Mine is 38 and still going strong. What Hughes location? I was at Culver City in late 70's. What a change in that place!!!

Sent from my iPad

David Berlind

Sadly, though I'd love to pick up a 466 to keep my other 466 company, I
don't think I can swing that.

NigelP

Pity there isn't a "Channel Tunnel" underneath the North Atlantic from the UK :); would be worth the drive!!

Then of course there's the east-to-west coast drive, but, hey, that was already done 150 (?) years ago, so can't be all that difficult???

Regards

Nigel G8AYM

I lived in the Tustin area for many years and made the trip to San
Diego regularly. It is about a 90 minute drive and the 55 freeway
exits directly into Tustin.