Massive document depository

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

Guys'n'gals

Just discovered a real Christmas Present -
http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/

Among a whole saucerfull of gems there is a complete set of all the Service Scopes, and a shed load
more.

Enjoy!

Craig

Malcolm Hunter

On 24 December 2015 at 15:18, 'Craig Sawyers' c.sawyers@tech-enterprise.com
[TekScopes] <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Guys'n'gals

Just discovered a real Christmas Present -
http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/

Among a whole saucerfull of gems there is a complete set of all the
Service Scopes, and a shed load
more.
​If you use anything scanned by Artek Manuals, be sure to send them a $10
donation​. We need Artek when free stuff is lacking (in quality as well as
availability).

Thanks
Malcolm

Chris Trask - N7ZWY/WDX3HLB

Someone in Poland has gone to a lot of effort to preserve these documents.

Just discovered a real Christmas Present -
http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/

Among a whole saucerfull of gems there is a complete set of all the
Service Scopes, and a shed load more.

Chris

,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
/ What's all this &#92; Amplifiers for RF Communications
/ extinct stuff, anyhow? /
&#92; _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
_ |/ Principal Engineer
oo&#92; Sonoran Radio Research
(__)&#92; _ P.O. Box 25240
&#92; &#92; .' `. Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
&#92; &#92; / &#92;
&#92; '" &#92; IEEE Senior Member #40274515
. ( ) &#92;
'-| )__| :. &#92; Email: christrask@earthlink.net
c__; c__; '-..'>.__

Graphics by Loek Frederiks

Dave Daniel

There is actually a lot more than just Tektronix documents. If one moves
up a couple of levels, one sees directories for many other
manufacturers. Even going up just one level reveals more Tektronix files.

In the Tektronix area, I looked at a file named tek_575_use.pdf, which
was written by Dennis Feucht, who is the author of the excellent
four-volume "Analog Circuit Design" set of books.

DaveD

On 12/24/2015 8:23 AM, Chris Trask christrask@earthlink.net [TekScopes]
wrote:

Someone in Poland has gone to a lot of effort to preserve these documents.

Just discovered a real Christmas Present -
http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/

Among a whole saucerfull of gems there is a complete set of all the
Service Scopes, and a shed load more.
Chris

,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
/ What's all this &#92; Amplifiers for RF Communications
/ extinct stuff, anyhow? /
&#92; _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
_ |/ Principal Engineer
oo&#92; Sonoran Radio Research
(__)&#92; _ P.O. Box 25240
&#92; &#92; .' `. Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
&#92; &#92; / &#92;
&#92; '" &#92; IEEE Senior Member #40274515
. ( ) &#92;
'-| )__| :. &#92; Email: christrask@earthlink.net
c__; c__; '-..'>.__

Graphics by Loek Frederiks

Chris Trask - N7ZWY/WDX3HLB

Yes, I moved up through the directory and saw all of those manufacturers. Not much in the Motorola directory, which was disappointing. But there is another site in Poland that has a huge number of the application notes. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced that URL. There are other sites that have some, but that Polish one was the most thorough.

There is actually a lot more than just Tektronix documents. If one moves
up a couple of levels, one sees directories for many other
manufacturers. Even going up just one level reveals more Tektronix files.

In the Tektronix area, I looked at a file named tek_575_use.pdf, which
was written by Dennis Feucht, who is the author of the excellent
four-volume "Analog Circuit Design" set of books.

Chris

,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
/ What's all this &#92; Amplifiers for RF Communications
/ extinct stuff, anyhow? /
&#92; _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
_ |/ Principal Engineer
oo&#92; Sonoran Radio Research
(__)&#92; _ P.O. Box 25240
&#92; &#92; .' `. Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
&#92; &#92; / &#92;
&#92; '" &#92; IEEE Senior Member #40274515
. ( ) &#92;
'-| )__| :. &#92; Email: christrask@earthlink.net
c__; c__; '-..'>.__

Graphics by Loek Frederiks

Chris Trask - N7ZWY/WDX3HLB

This may be the one I was thinking of:

http://www.relic-servis.com/linkovi/Motorola.html

I'll take a look through my email archives to see if I made mention earlier of the site I was thinking of.

Yes, I moved up through the directory and saw all of those
manufacturers. Not much in the Motorola directory, which was
disappointing. But there is another site in Poland that has a huge
number of the application notes. Unfortunately, I seem to have
misplaced that URL. There are other sites that have some, but that
Polish one was the most thorough.

Chris

,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
/ What's all this &#92; Amplifiers for RF Communications
/ extinct stuff, anyhow? /
&#92; _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
_ |/ Principal Engineer
oo&#92; Sonoran Radio Research
(__)&#92; _ P.O. Box 25240
&#92; &#92; .' `. Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
&#92; &#92; / &#92;
&#92; '" &#92; IEEE Senior Member #40274515
. ( ) &#92;
'-| )__| :. &#92; Email: christrask@earthlink.net
c__; c__; '-..'>.__

Graphics by Loek Frederiks

EB4APL

This is a links page, and unfortunately the linked pages with the
documents does not longer exists.

Ignacio

El 24/12/2015 a las 16:46, Chris Trask christrask@earthlink.net
[TekScopes] escribió:

This may be the one I was thinking of:

http://www.relic-servis.com/linkovi/Motorola.html

I'll take a look through my email archives to see if I made mention
earlier of the site I was thinking of.

Yes, I moved up through the directory and saw all of those
manufacturers. Not much in the Motorola directory, which was
disappointing. But there is another site in Poland that has a huge
number of the application notes. Unfortunately, I seem to have
misplaced that URL. There are other sites that have some, but that
Polish one was the most thorough.
Chris

,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
/ What's all this &#92; Amplifiers for RF Communications
/ extinct stuff, anyhow? /
&#92; _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
_ |/ Principal Engineer
oo&#92; Sonoran Radio Research
(__)&#92; _ P.O. Box 25240
&#92; &#92; .' `. Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
&#92; &#92; / &#92;
&#92; '" &#92; IEEE Senior Member #40274515
. ( ) &#92;
'-| )__| :. &#92; Email: christrask@earthlink.net
c__; c__; '-..'>.__

Graphics by Loek Frederiks

---

A great Christmas present, indeed!! One of the first files I downloaded (tek_made_sm.pdf) describes the internals of many of the Tektronix-manufactured ICs for which, I'm sure, no other documentation exists.
There are lots of other documents on analog theory circuit design. A bit dated, perhaps, but the theory still applies.

Great find!! Dave M

---In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, <christrask@...> wrote :

Someone in Poland has gone to a lot of effort to preserve these documents.

>Just discovered a real Christmas Present -
>http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/ http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/
>
>Among a whole saucerfull of gems there is a complete set of all the
>Service Scopes, and a shed load more.

Chris

tubesnthings <tubesnthings@...>

Treasure trove, indeed. Many thanks.
Now, if I could only find the docs for the P6055 differential probe...unobtainium, it seems?

Sent from TypeMail

On Dec 24, 2015, 7:19 AM, at 7:19 AM, "'Craig Sawyers' c.sawyers@tech-enterprise.com [TekScopes]" <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Guys'n'gals

Just discovered a real Christmas Present -
http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/

Among a whole saucerfull of gems there is a complete set of all the
Service Scopes, and a shed load
more.

Enjoy!

Craig

John Miles

Good find! wget snagged 13 GB from the Tek directory alone.

There are a lot of documents that look like internal training manuals and
lecture notes, some of them incredibly detailed:

http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/556_Lecture_Notes
.pdf

-- john, KE5FX

A great Christmas present, indeed!! One of the first files I downloaded
(tek_made_sm.pdf) describes the internals of many of the
Tektronix-manufactured ICs for which, I'm sure, no other documentation
exists.
There are lots of other documents on analog theory circuit design. A bit
dated, perhaps, but the theory still applies.

Gary Robert Bosworth

It would be very helpful if someone would put it all into a single massive
file so it could be downloaded just once and put on a DVD.

Gary

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 8:43 PM, 'John Miles' john@miles.io [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Good find! wget snagged 13 GB from the Tek directory alone.

There are a lot of documents that look like internal training manuals and
lecture notes, some of them incredibly detailed:

http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Tek/publikacje/556_Lecture_Notes
.pdf

-- john, KE5FX

A great Christmas present, indeed!! One of the first files I downloaded
(tek_made_sm.pdf) describes the internals of many of the
Tektronix-manufactured ICs for which, I'm sure, no other documentation
exists.
There are lots of other documents on analog theory circuit design. A bit
dated, perhaps, but the theory still applies.

Gary Robert Bosworth
grbosworth@gmail.com
Tel: 310-317-2247

Sergey Kubushyn

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015, Gary Robert Bosworth grbosworth@gmail.com [TekScopes] wrote:

You seem to underestimate the sheer size of that treasure trove...

I'm running "wget -r" on it since the announcement first appeared and it is
already 49Gbytes downloading Tek/2215a.pdf right now. I estimate it will
reach 100Gbytes fully mirrored...

Many manuals there are in greyscale (that is very good) that makes them over
100Mbytes each (that is not good :))

It can easily take 25-30 DVDs to archive and a lot of work to split the
entire thing into separate DVDs. A hard drive would be much better suited
for storing the collection that big.

[...]

* KSI@home KOI8 Net < > The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA < > Miracles require 24-hour notice. *

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

Treasure trove, indeed. Many thanks.
Now, if I could only find the docs for the P6055 differential probe...unobtainium, it seems?
The pdf is available on line - or are you after the paper documents?

Craig

magnustoelle

Good Day,
thank you, Craig - that is a very useful collection indeed.
Merry Christmas and have great holidays, all.
Cheers,
Magnus

I replicated just the HP and Tek parts of this archive locally some
time ago and it came out to 12.6G for HP and 38.5G for Tek. The last
update I did was on the 5th of this month and I see no differences
from that time to now.

I ran a compression test which only gained about 10% so there is no
way even just the Tek archive could be made to fit on less than
several DVDs. I would however consider the whole thing amendable to
distribution via Bittorrent or similar.

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 23:42:56 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015, Gary Robert Bosworth grbosworth@gmail.com [TekScopes] wrote:

You seem to underestimate the sheer size of that treasure trove...

I'm running "wget -r" on it since the announcement first appeared and it is
already 49Gbytes downloading Tek/2215a.pdf right now. I estimate it will
reach 100Gbytes fully mirrored...

Many manuals there are in greyscale (that is very good) that makes them over
100Mbytes each (that is not good :))

It can easily take 25-30 DVDs to archive and a lot of work to split the
entire thing into separate DVDs. A hard drive would be much better suited
for storing the collection that big.

It would be very helpful if someone would put it all into a single massive
file so it could be downloaded just once and put on a DVD.

Gary

Gary Robert Bosworth

Whatever happened to XMODEM and other data transfer protocol mechanisms to
allow transfer of large amounts of data in continuous flow? We are
supposed to be such techies and wizards. I would like to download all the
data and put it on my hard disks for future use.

Gary

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 11:42 PM, Sergey Kubushyn ksi@koi8.net [TekScopes] <

<
[...]

vdonisa

There's a plugin for Firefox called "DownThemAll" that will happily do exactly that.

---In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, <grbosworth@...> wrote :

Whatever happened to XMODEM and other data transfer protocol mechanisms to
allow transfer of large amounts of data in continuous flow? We are
supposed to be such techies and wizards. I would like to download all the
data and put it on my hard disks for future use.

Gary

Dave Wise

Somebody please host this as a Torrent; I hate burning out the Poles with multiple massive downloads.

Dave Wise

A great Christmas present, indeed!! One of the first files I downloaded
(tek_made_sm.pdf) describes the internals of many of the
Tektronix-manufactured ICs for which, I'm sure, no other documentation
exists.
There are lots of other documents on analog theory circuit design. A bit
dated, perhaps, but the theory still applies.
---
* KSI@home KOI8 Net < > The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA < > Miracles require 24-hour notice. *

------------------------------------
Posted by: Sergey Kubushyn <ksi@koi8.net>

Yahoo Groups Links

Peter Gottlieb

Xmodem, Ymodem etc are nice for transferring files over serial port kinds of links, for example, transferring firmware files to devices for reflashing.

Over the net there are more appropriate options and in this case you want to "walk" the directories so something like the "wget -r" (look up the -r switch) is the right tool.

[TekScopes] wrote:

[...]

With Firefox, the "Dowloadthemall" add-on allows selective bulk downloading.

"Physics always wins"