Fast Pulse Generators section vandalized

Hi guys,
someone's vandalized the Fast Pulse Generators directory by removing
one of the archive files.

We are missing the file:
fast pulse generators - AN94-1 etc.7z.001

If you have it, please upload it. I created the file but currently
don't remember what was in it. I didn't expect anyone to vandalize our
files section.

Cheers,
D.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 1:18 PM, cheater00 . <cheater00@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,
someone's vandalized the Fast Pulse Generators directory by removing
one of the archive files.

We are missing the file:
fast pulse generators - AN94-1 etc.7z.001

If you have it, please upload it. I created the file but currently
don't remember what was in it. I didn't expect anyone to vandalize our
files section.

Cheers,
D.

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Probably some Yahoo!

Don Black.

On 23-Feb-14 11:18 PM, cheater00 . wrote:

Hi guys,
someone's vandalized the Fast Pulse Generators directory by removing
one of the archive files.

We are missing the file:
fast pulse generators - AN94-1 etc.7z.001

If you have it, please upload it. I created the file but currently
don't remember what was in it. I didn't expect anyone to vandalize our
files section.

Cheers,
D.

Artek Manuals <manuals@...>

Vandalize may be a strong word since it is highly unlikely ( but not impossible) we have people on the forum who are bent on malicious mischief. After the switch to the NEO format last year, the FILES and PHOTO sections became harder and less intuitive to use, could be that someone "thought" they were downloading when in fact they were unwittingly removing the file. I haven't been in there in  while but I "think" ( I have been wrong before) that if you are the originator that you can " protect" the a photo  or file folder from being edited by anyone other than yourself and the moderator by checking a box during the creation of the folder,

Dave

--
Dave
Manuals@...

The only way to delete one of those files is to click on the trash bin image. Then, a pop up shows with the whole website behind it darkened out. It asks you:

"Delete File
Are you sure you want to delete the file 'fast pulse generators - AN94-1 etc.7z.001'"

Then, you have to click the big red button that says "DELETE FILE".

I don't see how all that can be done by mistake.

I'll look into the protection feature. Thanks.
Cheers,
D.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Artek Manuals <manuals@...> wrote:

[...]

I am unable to find the protection feature in the user interface. Are you able to find it, Dave?

Cheers,
D.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM, cheater00 . <cheater00@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi,

I have never been able to open these files.  I downloaded them individually to a folder, but when I try to open one I get the  "What do you want to open this with?".  Are these PDF files that have been zipped?

Bruce Hunter

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

Are these PDF files that have been zipped?

Bruce Hunter

Actually there is no point in zipping pdf’s since it is already a compressed format.  Like jpg’s – try zipping jpg’s and you get less than a percentage point compression.

Craig

Jokken Feldhaar

Hi,

the file ended in 7z.001, that is supposedly the 7z zipping method.

Regards, Jochen DH6FAZ

Am 23.02.2014 18:56, schrieb Brucekareen@aol.com:

Hi,
I have never been able to open these files. I downloaded them
individually to a folder, but when I try to open one I get the "What do
you want to open this with?". Are these PDF files that have been zipped?
Bruce Hunter

The reason those files were 7zipped is because:

1. some of the files were too large, so they had to be split into archives
2. some of the files had names that were too long
3. some of the files had names that contained special characters
4. downloading a million tiny files rather than a few big archive
files is a chore

If you still have those files, could you upload the missing one?

Cheers,
D.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Jochens Feldhaar
<jochen_feldhaar@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi,

the file ended in 7z.001, that is supposedly the 7z zipping method.

Regards, Jochen DH6FAZ

Am 23.02.2014 18:56, schrieb Brucekareen@aol.com:
Hi,
I have never been able to open these files. I downloaded them
individually to a folder, but when I try to open one I get the "What do
you want to open this with?". Are these PDF files that have been zipped?
Bruce Hunter

Yahoo Groups Links